Looks like living near Twitter X is now even worse than using Twitter X

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I've stated before, the hatred for Musk and the willingness by the tech community (not everyone) to demean his character and his company is mind boggling.
Didn't Apple acquire and rebrand Dark Sky?
Didn't Microsoft acquire Accompli and then rebrand it as the new Outlook app?
So why is Musk's acquisition and rebranding of Twitter despised?

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie_M

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
As I've stated before, the hatred for Musk and the willingness by the tech community (not everyone) to demean his character and his company is mind boggling.
Because Musk doesn't play by the MSM rules of covering for the left. Plain and simple.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because Musk doesn't play by the MSM rules of covering for the left. Plain and simple.

I wonder how many people (tech bloggers and tech reporters) have complained to Apple for allowing the single letter “X”. Per Apple, “App names must be limited to 30 characters.” Source: https://developer.apple.com/app-sto...2.3.7 Choose a unique,just to game the system. I breezed over the info via the above link fairly quickly, but I didn’t see anything prohibiting the use of a single character as the app name.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

It makes those that hate musk and Twitter look incredibly foolish…Until they lose all credibility.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It makes those that hate musk and Twitter look incredibly foolish…Until they lose all credibility.

I don’t have a problem with people not liking Musk. I really don’t, but dang…don’t “hate” the man because you disagree with his views, his way of doing things, etcetera.

Today’s generation is both frightening and sad because they can’t handle allowing someone with a different view than what’s popular to even have a platform to speak on. They take the “if you’re not with us you’re against us” saying to a new level. To agree to disagree to them is akin to allowing a suffering animal to continue to suffer instead of putting it out of its misery. ;)

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t have a problem with people not liking Musk. I really don’t, but dang…don’t “hate” the man because you disagree with his views, his way of doing things, etcetera.

Today’s generation is both frightening and sad because they can’t handle allowing someone with a different view than what’s popular to even have a platform to speak on. They take the “if you’re not with us you’re against us” saying to a new level. To them, to agree to disagree is akin to allowing a suffering animal to continue to suffer instead of putting it out of its misery. ;)
Well said as well as sad but true.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I never was a fan of musk either. But I’m indifferent to the whole musk/Twitter fiasco.

Don’t really care who people hate, but it’s weird and quite frankly pathetic to hate blindly and expect everyone else to blindly follow.

Today’s generation is both frightening and sad because they can’t handle allowing someone with a different view than what’s popular to even have a platform to speak on. They take the “if you’re not with us you’re against us” saying to a new level. To agree to disagree to them is akin to allowing a suffering animal to continue to suffer instead of putting it out of its misery. ;)

Kind of like this guy.

giphy.gif

Thing is that’s pretty unsustainable and sooner or later they will turn on each other.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So, if I am following correctly, people who don’t like musk do so blindly? Not because of his apartheid baby life? Not because of his horrendous worker record? Not because of the rampant racism in his companies which has caused multiple ongoing investigations and lawsuits? Not because of the rampant misogyny in his companies also leading to multiple investigations? And most importantly…not because he safe harbors right wing people who post pedophile material on Twitter? It’s just blind hate right? Good lord. If you don’t know…keep quiet and listen.

Reactions: m3lo_v1x3n

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The number of articles I could post are endless. In order to not be aware of who musk is you’d have to bury your head in the sand.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, if I am following correctly, people who don’t like musk do so blindly? Not because of his apartheid baby life? Not because of his horrendous worker record? Not because of the rampant racism in his companies which has caused multiple ongoing investigations and lawsuits? Not because of the rampant misogyny in his companies also leading to multiple investigations? And most importantly…not because he safe harbors right wing people who post pedophile material on Twitter? It’s just blind hate right? Good lord. If you don’t know…keep quiet and listen.

For a moment, I thought you were describing Meta, the Hollywood Film industry, and a few others. My bad…(laughing)

• Haha
Reactions: Annie_M and FFR

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

We all have our faults. Even you use the name Grover, but show Oscar the Grouch in your avatar. Just saying.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
We all have our faults. Even you use the name Grover, but show Oscar the Grouch in your avatar. Just saying.

That seems personal. You must be really into musk. I should also have pointed out that my doing so is a positive, not a negative. Grover that is.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Unfortunately today’s generation can’t put their devices down long enough to comprehend being frightened or sad.

And I work in an office full of them.

At their desk, on their phones. Walking down the halls, on their phones. Walking across the parking lot, on their phones.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately today’s generation can’t put their devices down long enough to comprehend being frightened or sad.

And I work in an office full of them.

At their desk, on their phones. Walking down the halls, on their phones. Walking across the parking lot, on their phones.

I know what you mean.