Looking for some advice considering switching from a note 5 to the SE

reelon

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, the title says it all. Im considering to change from a note 5 to an iphone se. mostly becuase I'm tired of the size of the phone and the price, I just dont want to do payments on phones anymore. Anyone done the same? Any experiences? Or should I consider moving into an iphone 6s?

Thanks

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My thought, since you are coming from a Note 5, is to go with the 6S. The SE is a decent phone but that will be a huge "shock," going from a 5.7" to a 4" screen. If you have an Apple store nearby, I'd recommend going and really taking a look at the phones, imagine yourself using that screen on a day to day basis. Personally, I was using a Nexus 6P, tried switching to a iPhone 7 and returned it after a week, the screen was just to small after using the 6P.

I'll be interesting to hear what you end up with, and how you end up liking your choice.

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
My thought, since you are coming from a Note 5, is to go with the 6S. The SE is a decent phone but that will be a huge "shock," going from a 5.7" to a 4" screen. If you have an Apple store nearby, I'd recommend going and really taking a look at the phones, imagine yourself using that screen on a day to day basis. Personally, I was using a Nexus 6P, tried switching to a iPhone 7 and returned it after a week, the screen was just to small after using the 6P.

I'll be interesting to hear what you end up with, and how you end up liking your choice.

I agree the 4.7 inch screen might be better than the 4inch would be an easier transition.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

I disagree, the 6s has a lousy battery life, the SE battery performance is similar to the Plus models.

Had a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, switched to a 6s and hated it, the Plus models (6 or 7) are nice but too big.

I guess I'll stay with my 64Gb SE for a while, now it comes with 128Gb

ca84e3d1440b5de7a85e4405edff89a8.jpg

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Note 5 and don't find it hard to use my SE at all. I also have a 6S plus a 6+ and a 6S+ so I find it's easy to adapt to a smaller screen. It's never a problem.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Screen size is personal preference. I came from the Note series and chose 7Plus. It was the only one that grabbed my attention. I have been using since Jan13th the day fed ex delivered to me. Love it STILL. Will continue being fascinated by it

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I disagree, the 6s has a lousy battery life, the SE battery performance is similar to the Plus models.

Had a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, switched to a 6s and hated it, the Plus models (6 or 7) are nice but too big.

I guess I'll stay with my 64Gb SE for a while, now it comes with 128Gb

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/ca84e3d1440b5de7a85e4405edff89a8.jpg

While you have great battery life, that's mostly standby... Nothing is wrong with that, in real world usage the SE is better than the 6S battery but the plus would get two hours more than SE with heavy use

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
@reelon -- I just switched from a Galaxy Note 4 to an SE about a month ago, and the difference in screen size has been largely irrelevant. The difference in performance is staggering, however - the Note 4 is humbled by the smoothness, speed, and ecosystem of the iPhone. The SE was an excellent choice and it is actually a relief to not have the huge screen. :yes:

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Personally @reelon I have a device in each size, and interchange regularly; the SE is the best build imho, but the smallest, and a little difficult to type at times; the 4.7" is the best compromise for daily usage, while the plus for heavy media consumption.

Good luck and keep us informed

reelon

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting the iPhone SE, I tried it at the store and it felt fine. I gues I will continue to use it and see if it was the right size. Thanks for all the input.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I ended up getting the iPhone SE, I tried it at the store and it felt fine. I gues I will continue to use it and see if it was the right size. Thanks for all the input.

Congrats on the SE! I hope that you will enjoy it. What color is yours?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, the title says it all. Im considering to change from a note 5 to an iphone se. mostly becuase I'm tired of the size of the phone and the price, I just dont want to do payments on phones anymore. Anyone done the same? Any experiences? Or should I consider moving into an iphone 6s?

Thanks

Well for size reasons I think you'd be fine with either the SE or the 6S. The 6S, in my opinion, would be the better option unless you're trying to get the smaller option. I think going to the SE is a really large downgrade. The 6S is a great device with more recent tech than the SE.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The only thing the 6S holds over the SE would be the front facing camera, 3D touch and "larger" battery; SE is the 6S in a 4" form factor

reelon

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, really enjoying been able to use the phone with one hand. An unintended consequence is that accessories are really cheap!! So all and all I'm sticking with this phone.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, really enjoying been able to use the phone with one hand. An unintended consequence is that accessories are really cheap!! So all and all I'm sticking with this phone.

Glad to hear it! Ironically enough, a year ago, I just tried an Android and went back to my SE. Now many phones later, I'm back to it again.

Hopefully you wouldn't be like me, I hope that you will continue to enjoy the SE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh