Looking for Durable Case (Protection, extended battery, wireless charging included)

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a durable rugged case for my iPhone 7 that is essentially the mix between Mophie extended battery case with charge force wireless charging and the Otterbox Resurgence. I had bought a Mophie extended case with the wireless charging for the iPhone 6 and modded it to work with my iPhone 7. It worked great, but I found I wanted more protection along the edges of the phone. The Mophie case protects the corners of the phone with raised edges, which elevate the screen from a flat surface when face down. However, it follows the contours of the left & right sides of the phone (in portrait) and leaves that part of the phone vulnerable. I found this out when placing the phone in a storage locker and bumped the door, which chipped my tempered glass screen protector. I like the protection of the Otterbox Resurgence which feels like a commuter case with it all around raised edges, but I would be missing the wireless charging of my last phone. Plus the all plastic outside of the Resurgence leaves it a bit more slippery in my hand than the Mophie case. So I am looking to see if there are any options I may be missing.

Any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone who uses a similar case will respond soon with a recommendation.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That is a nice case and one I have looked at, but doesn't incorporate wireless charging. Thanks for the suggestion though.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I had seen Mophie released the case finally. Please let us know how you like it. I modded the iPhone 6 version and felt there wasn't enough protection on the left and right sides of the screen for what I am looking for. Hence a merging of the Otterbox and Mophie case is what I have in mind.

T-Rob

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I had seen Mophie released the case finally. Please let us know how you like it. I modded the iPhone 6 version and felt there wasn't enough protection on the left and right sides of the screen for what I am looking for. Hence a merging of the Otterbox and Mophie case is what I have in mind.

Will do. You must be rough on phones... LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR