Looking for call blocking app with specific feature

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for an App Store call blocking app with one specific feature. I frequently receive spam calls from numbers with fake caller id, always of the form 914-469-xxxx, where the xxxx is a different number every time. I would like to be able to easily block all calls from that exchange, but from searching and from reading app descriptions in the App Store, I have been unable to find anything that would allow me to do that. Does anyone know of an app with that specific feature?

This is for an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.4.1 on Verizon Wireless.

Thanks for your help,
Larry

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey Larry. Welcome to iMore.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to find anything that will block an entire exchange. The reason is because (123) 456-7890 may be a spam number, while (123) 456-7899 may be a legit business.

I'm on Tmobile and they identify spam calls and I just block them as they come in.

Thanks.

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to find anything that will block an entire exchange. The reason is because (123) 456-7890 may be a spam number, while (123) 456-7899 may be a legit business.

Thank you, Lee_Bo, yes I understand that there are plenty of legitimate numbers on that exchange, but that exchange is not in my area and I have no current need to receive calls from any of those numbers. If I could find a call blocking app that would allow me to block the entire exchange, but white list individual numbers, that would be ideal, but for my immediate needs I would just block the entire exchange.

Larry

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I just want to update this thread to say that I found an app which claims to do exactly what I was looking for, from a forum on another site. I have installed "WideProtect Spam Call Blocker" from the App Store, but have not yet verified that it works for me as described.