Looking for advice

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The Defender is extremely bulky, I've used it. However, it does provide a lot of protection.

The Fre, if you can find a good one, would be my recommendation. Though not as bulky, it provides decent protection from falls and dust.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The most common issue with LifeProof products is sound and voice quality. I've had to replace my Fre and Nuud to find a good one of each. In fact, my most recent nuud case had such good voice quality, other parties didn't know I had a LifeProof case on.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I decided to pull the trigger on the lifeproof. Bought it on best buys website will be picking it up tomorrow. Here's to hoping its a good one.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how you like it, also maybe some others can chime in about the screen cover. Is there still play in it as the original models? Or is it flat on the screen like the defender? The first Lifeproof I tried was bubbled out pretty bad. Thanks in advance!

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have had both and like the lifeproof much better since its not near as bulky. However, I would be tempted to try Nuud instead of the fre since it doesn't cover the screen.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I decided to pull the trigger on the lifeproof. Bought it on best buys website will be picking it up tomorrow. Here's to hoping its a good one.

Good luck. Hopefully you do pick up a good one.

Let us know how you like it, also maybe some others can chime in about the screen cover. Is there still play in it as the original models? Or is it flat on the screen like the defender? The first Lifeproof I tried was bubbled out pretty bad. Thanks in advance!

The updated cases have fixed the bubbling on the screen. At least the warranty replacement I received did.

srmoreno

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm sporting the nuud lifeproof case. Works great. When I first put it on no one could hear me. I found that on the bottom inside of the case the phone had pushed the little black seal over the mic hole thus creating the problem. I simply realigned it back and now people have no problem hearing me.

I would recommend while inserting the phone to put the bottom of the phone in the case first so you don't push the seals down then insert the top.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the lifeproof fre lime green and I gotta say I love it. All the buttons work great the sensors to shut off the screen work fine and the sound of music and ringtones r just as loud with out the case on. Also the screen protector sets tightly against the screen no bubbles what so ever. Would definitely recommend this case so far. If anything would change ill definitely report back.

srmoreno

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I am sporting the nuud case. When I first put it on no one could hear me.. After looking at the case I noticed the seal for the microphone was a bit off, looked like the phone had pushed it down blocking the hole. I readjusted it and this time I installed the phone by placing the bottom of the phone in first so it wouldn't jack the seal up. Then I placed the top of the phone in. Works like a charm now. Everyone hears me great. The idea of being able to touch the screen is awesome and you don't lose the sensitivity like on the fre when under water or wet screen.

Dark_Huntress

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lifeproof red case and simply love it! It has saved my iPhone many times. I have dropped it on concrete, in a tide pool, sat on it, and survived a two year old using it as a ball!

It's well worth the price and can save you having to replace your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro