Looking for a decent pdf scanner app

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So every now and then for my work I'll need to scan a document and send it to an extended warranty company. Coming from the Note 10 the stock camera did this no problem, no app needed. Does anyone know of a decent free app I can use? The ones I found all want you to signup for a monthly fee, but I don't use this feature enough to justify a monthly fee.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Another option is to use the stock Notes app. There is an option to scan documents there and it works pretty well. To do this, open the app, tap on the paper and pencil icon on the lower right portion of the screen. Then tap the camera icon, then tap Scan Documents. Once you've taken a photo of the document if you need to adjust the corners, you can drag the edges until your scan is framed to your liking. Be sure to tap on "Keep Scan" to save it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to use the stock Notes app. There is an option to scan documents there and it works pretty well. To do this, open the app, tap on the paper and pencil icon on the lower right portion of the screen. Then tap the camera icon, then tap Scan Documents. Once you've taken a photo of the document if you need to adjust the corners, you can drag the edges until your scan is framed to your liking. Be sure to tap on "Keep Scan" to save it.

Excellent advice Annie

To the OP I use Turbo Scan Pro it’s a paid app but has auto iCloud Drive back up and is great for managing your documents

Also check out Acrobat which I believe is a free app

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I use Scanner Pro. Got it free while it was a "pick of the week" somewhere. I've also used Microsoft's Office Lens. Evernote has a scanner that integrates well with their main app. If you're an Evernote user then their scanner makes a lot of sense.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I use stock scanner within the notes app. And you can use the scanner faster by putting “create new note” to the control center. Then you can use it wherever you are.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the paid version of TurboScan for years and works great. Let’s me take pics of documents and create a PDF to send to my clients. I have steered many clients to this app and no complaints as of yet.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Microsoft Office Lens. Worked everytime for me.

Those features and more are in OneNote.

JotNot is a been around long app that's very good. As much as I use the built in Apple Notes and depend on Microsoft 365, JotNot is good via connecting other services.

I know @mach1man wants free, but the "you get what you pay for" cliche is true most of the time. The two paid apps I use for this are far superior to the free ones. At least far superior for my work and expectations.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner