Looking for a Car Mount with charger and aux

alexrogers#AC

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I am looking for a car mount that charges my iPhone 4 as well as let's me listen to my music through an aux cord. The Griffin TuneFlex Aux with SmartClick seemed like the perfect option, but I hear it does not come with a base that fits the iPhone 4. I really want something like this that will allow me to plug the aux into the charger or dock instead of the phone each time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I always use ProClip. There are those that think they're expensive but you do get what you pay for IMO.

They have a IP mounts with pass through dock connectors. They could certainly be used for what you're looking for but you'd need to provide the solution that takes line audio from the dock connector and provides power to the dock connector. I used iSimple's IS75 for that. You'd also need a vehicle mount as the ProClip mount is just a device mount. ProClip does make vehicle mounts but I strongly recommend looking at Panavise or other manufacturers that make more solid vehicle mounts. ProClip tends to rely on friction and double-sided tape where Panavise's mounts actually bolt down securely to the dash.

Car Mount
It charges your phone, shoots out FM signal to play off your radio, comes with a remote control and god knows what else, it's like the ultimate in car mounts.
"Ultimate" is highly subjective. There's no way that any solution relying on FM modulation would be ultimate to me. YMMV, of course. Audio quality always suffers with FM modulators. You can't beat hard wiring for audio quality.

If audio quality isn't a concern, FM modulators are convenient as there's really almost no installation effort required.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro