Long time android user - just got iphone 7plus need help

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm. Shocked at how basic and clunky file managers are still on iOS. With Android I get full access to everything, just as in Windows Explorer.

With even the best file manager on ios, you get a folder of pictures, photos, some documents, and that's about it. Oh, and they all try to push WiFi transfer.

This is crippling to me, and may be what keeps me on Android... The adventure continues.

Crippling? lmao It amazes me that people can't use an iPhone because you don't have a file manager that gives you access to the full file system. I have access right now on my Note5. It's not groundbreaking and it doesn't allow me to use the Note5 MORE than the iPhone.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Crippling? lmao It amazes me that people can't use an iPhone I'm because you don't have a file manager that gives you access to the full file system. I have access right now on my Note5. It's not groundbreaking and it doesn't allow me to use the Note5 MORE than the iPhone.

OK, not really crippling... Good point. I just mean... I find myself downloading, all types of extensions and manipulating file names and extensions, zipping, raring, editing, all kinds of stuff via file managers on my 6p.... I'd just like to know that the ability is there on ios as well...

Even if it's not, I'd still like to try it out....

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm. Shocked at how basic and clunky file managers are still on iOS. With Android I get full access to everything, just as in Windows Explorer.

With even the best file manager on ios, you get a folder of pictures, photos, some documents, and that's about it. Oh, and they all try to push WiFi transfer.

This is crippling to me, and may be what keeps me on Android... The adventure continues.
iOS is a walled garden, access to the file system is limited intentionally by Apple. And you know what? It doesn't effect my usage whatsoever. If this is a deal-killer for you, at least you tried it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, not really crippling... Good point. I just mean... I find myself downloading, all types of extensions and manipulating file names and extensions, zipping, raring, editing, all kinds of stuff via file managers on my 6p.... I'd just like to know that the ability is there on ios as well...

Sounds like you want a Laptop and not a phone...

It's a closed system to prevent damage, and a line out the door at Apple with mangled iOS / File Systems. This is why I am not into JB a phone, I want it sealed / solid.

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I once was an Android user big time. Couldn't have given me an iPhone or any Apple product for that matter. Now entire family has Apple products and love them. Would not go back. These forums will help and the biggest thing about iPhones are they simply work very well. No freezing or lagging. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro