Locked Apple ID while forgetting everything

I

iMore Question

My Apple ID is locked, and I don’t know my security question answer, my phone number, my postal code and even my address.

As I said, I don’t know any of my Apple ID details. I only know my password, my birthdate and nothing else. Unfortunately, my Find my iPhone is on and my phone will be locked if I reset it. What can I do? Are there any ways to turn off Find My iPhone so that I can reset my iPhone and use a new Apple ID?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My Apple ID is locked, and I don’t know my security question answer, my phone number, my postal code and even my address.

As I said, I don’t know any of my Apple ID details. I only know my password, my birthdate and nothing else. Unfortunately, my Find my iPhone is on and my phone will be locked if I reset it. What can I do? Are there any ways to turn off Find My iPhone so that I can reset my iPhone and use a new Apple ID?

I don’t think you’re trying to access your own account.
Why don’t you know the most crucial information about yourself?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How is it you don't know your own phone number, postal code, and address? An Apple ID usually requires an email address and password. Do you not know your email address either? No offense, but this really does sound suspicious.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
About your only option is this:
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

And that's after playing a game of "100 questions" to confirm you are the account holder. There's no way around it. If you don't know your account details then there's nothing you, we, or Apple can do.

Exactly this. Apple puts all of these processes in place to ensure the owner's security and privacy. You will have to prove to Apple that you are who you say you are. If you can't prove it, or if you really aren't who you say you are, then there's no way you'll be able to access the phone in question.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Contact Apple and once you provide them with proof of purchase, they will probably be able to help you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
How is it you don't know your own phone number, postal code, and address? An Apple ID usually requires an email address and password. Do you not know your email address either? No offense, but this really does sound suspicious.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

You sure this phone belongs to you? Without knowing any of that information, I imagine it's going to be impossible for Apple to identify you and allow you access back into your account via their recovery steps.