• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Lock screen question regarding iPhone X

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Haven’t been able to test this since I don’t have my phone yet and I wouldn’t be able to try this on my jobs demo unit.

So I do a fair amount of texting through the lock screen (messages and Facebook messenger)

On my 7 Plus, there are times when I want to send the message while my screen is locked, I have to use my fingerprint to send the message or I can just type my pin in. No big deal.

Now on the X, do I just have to look at my phone after I hit send while in The lock screen to send the message ? And I’m assuming just punching my pin will push the message through as well?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
I haven’t had to punch my pin in at all while responding from the lock screen.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Notifications are private by default, but looking at the screen unlocks it and you can respond then. You only go to the home screen when you swipe up. It’s a nice feature, but I wish they added the ability to bypass the swipe.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
If you’re responding to a message from lock screen Face ID should unlock your iPhone while you’re typing away so it’ll be seamless