Lock Info 3.0 public beta released

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't get it to work, it keeps telling em during setup that I need to either transfer my license or buy one. I dont have one to transfer so when I click buy, it doesnt do anything, any suggestions??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after reading some tweets it looks like you'll need to delete the beta.. buy the 2.x version.. then go to the beta

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
BE WARY. IT'S BETA FOR A REASON I have been using lockinfo for quite a while and I absolutely love this program. But...

As soon as I installed the beta update to 3.0, I could not unlock my phone, it would freeze at the screen where I would enter my unlock code and then after about 2 minutes restart in safe mode. I uninstalled it rebooted and installed it again same problem. So I am going to uninstall and go back to 2.0 until a later date.

I know there are some (probably most that won't have any issues), but I'm just letting you know what happened to me.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
BE WARY. IT'S BETA FOR A REASON I have been using lockinfo for quite a while and I absolutely love this program. But...

As soon as I installed the beta update to 3.0, I could not unlock my phone, it would freeze at the screen where I would enter my unlock code and then after about 2 minutes restart in safe mode. I uninstalled it rebooted and installed it again same problem. So I am going to uninstall and go back to 2.0 until a later date.

I know there are some (probably most that won't have any issues), but I'm just letting you know what happened to me.

Where exactly are you finding the Lockinfo 2.0, all I can find is cracked versions and I dont want that, I want to purchase a legit license.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
When I removed the beta dba-technologies repo and did a search again for lockinfo it found it in the regular modmyi repo. I'll keep and eye on this thread and follow ashman on twitter. the current beta version of Lockinfo was 3.0.0.17 if I remember correctly. Hopefully when It goes up a couple versions numbers I'll try it again. But I'm back at version 2.3.12.3 and everything is working fine now.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so far so good for me. i have done several re-springs and even a couple tethered reboots (just for fun) and still no issues

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
so far so good for me. i have done several re-springs and even a couple tethered reboots (just for fun) and still no issues

Nice. I'm jealous. The update looks really nice. He took an already hands down great program and made it even better.

I've contacted the developer already. He's really responsive. Say's he is trying to isolate the conflict.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
It definitely looks nice but I just wish there wasn't soooo much info displayed. Is there a way to customize it to only show a few things, and be able to still see your lockscreen background?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
It definitely looks nice but I just wish there wasn't soooo much info displayed. Is there a way to customize it to only show a few things, and be able to still see your lockscreen background?

It's very customizable. I can't remember where right now. But there is a setting for it to NOT display empty sections. (ie, if you have no unread text messages, the messages section won't be there.)

EDIT:
On the current version it is in settings, lockinfo, general, hide empty sections. Not sure if that changed in the beta.

Also, if you tap on section header, like Calendar, and there are items in that section it will collapse the category for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhamilton3

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

yes, it is very customizable. like swooshme has said, you can hide empty sections you can collapse sections.. lots of options! in fact, lately i've been exclusively using infoshade, this basically is LockInfo at your discretion. one little swipe and there it is, all your info or however you set it up.. one little swipe again and it's gone. use this with the statusbar icons and it's a pretty sweet set up!

you will not regret getting this and the Dev is very responsive to emails and willing to work with you. which sometimes is hard to find

Reactions: jhamilton3

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I did exactly what swoosh did. removed the beta of LockInfo, then removed the beta repo. When I searched for LockInfo again I was able to find it in ModMyI's repo.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
^awesome! let us know if you get it up and going

also, for anyone contemplating getting lockinfo the dev is giving away Pop Up Blocker for free and any existing users as well!

Apple Ifad

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a issue where the image behind the clock, which is a dark glossy color on the old version go matt black after awhile? Like the image file goes away.

Also, you cant dismiss info shade by a singe tap in the 3.0 beta , like you can in the old ver.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not sure about your clock issue as i have Lockscreen Clock Hide

i am able to activate infoshade by swiping down from the statusbar and dismiss by the same action in version 3.0

Reactions: Apple Ifad

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh