Location Tracking from Another iPhone

CharlieinCT

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Question... How does one's location show up in the browser history of another phone as a set of lat/lon coordinates in Google Maps? It's not Find My Phone and I'm not aware of having shared my location. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2714.PNG
    IMG_2714.PNG
    203.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This is showing the Safari history, not Google Maps directly.

That person was entering those coordinates into Safari and searching Google for them.

And now we all know where you were, too.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That's your Places library (your saved places) from Google Maps. Are you sharing Google login information between phones? Was that person with you when you went to all of these places?

CharlieinCT

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, the shot is from the browser history on the other phone. The links are to Google Maps (don't believe the other phone has the app installed which is why it's displayed via Safari). Don't believe the other person was entering coordinates (where would they have gotten them?). The coordinates are the actual location of my phone with the other phone hundreds of miles away.

So the question remains... How did my location show in another phone via Sarari/Google Maps as a set of lat/lon coordinates?

And to answer Sherry_B's post, I don't think I'm ever logged on to my Google account from my phone. So don't see how I'm sharing Google login info.

Just logged on and I see nothing under "Your Places". And when I select "Your Timeline", I'm told "Location History" is off so "No visited places".

The other person so not with me when I was at the lat/lon coordinates shown.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm stumped. No idea how that's happening if you've not shared your Google login information with the other person.

How did you know it was on their phone, or how did the other person know to ask you about it?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Yes, the shot is from the browser history on the other phone. The links are to Google Maps (don't believe the other phone has the app installed which is why it's displayed via Safari). Don't believe the other person was entering coordinates (where would they have gotten them?). The coordinates are the actual location of my phone with the other phone hundreds of miles away.

So the question remains... How did my location show in another phone via Sarari/Google Maps as a set of lat/lon coordinates?

And to answer Sherry_B's post, I don't think I'm ever logged on to my Google account from my phone. So don't see how I'm sharing Google login info.

Just logged on and I see nothing under "Your Places". And when I select "Your Timeline", I'm told "Location History" is off so "No visited places".

The other person so not with me when I was at the lat/lon coordinates shown.

Again, that is a Safari History page. The other person was entering those coordinates into Safari and searching for them.

I just did it on my phone and am showing the exact same thing in my Safari History.

It didn't "just show up" on their phone.

As to how they got the coordinates, you will need to ask that person.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sorry but there's no way the other individual, not knowing my location, came up with the coordinates of my location.

How did you know your location was on their phone in the browser? What made that person even look in there?

Are you sure it's not from Find My Friends (not to be confused with Find My Phone)?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods