List of glitches

TheChiefJaguar

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
Weird stuff has started happening since the 11.3 updates:
- phone no longer chimes when plugging into charger. Silence switch is up and on, volume turned all the way up, not in do not disturb mode.
- notifications chiming but not showing or staying on lock screen or in notifications list. Mainly noticed in apps like GroupMe
- app icons appear to twitch or blink when unlocking
- when flipping silence switch down, silent/ringer toggles onscreen a few times, and will continue just by shaking or moving the phone

Any suggestions?

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I am in the Photos app and I select a photo to send to someone via Messages, it takes a long time for the next screen to appear where I can select the recipient. Today I had to back out and try it a second time.
Has anyone else noticed this? I am running 11.4.

-Rich

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 8 has had this issue since updating to 11.3 also.

Check your ringer volume. I always keep my iPhone 8 on vibrate, though I just took my phone off vibrate and tried it and no chime. I turned ringer volume way up it chimed just as it is supposed to.

EricfromTx

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Check your ringer volume. I always keep my iPhone 8 on vibrate, though I just took my phone off vibrate and tried it and no chime. I turned ringer volume way up it chimed just as it is supposed to.

In addition to not chiming when I plug it in, it also doesn’t light up when I plug it in to indicate it is charging. I have to wake the phone and see the battery indicator on the upper right on the display to make sure it is charging. I never had to do that before.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm finally on iOS 11.4.1 on my 7 Plus and I don't see any problems so far. The Jury is still out on my approval...LOL

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
In addition to not chiming when I plug it in, it also doesn’t light up when I plug it in to indicate it is charging. I have to wake the phone and see the battery indicator on the upper right on the display to make sure it is charging. I never had to do that before.

Sorry to read that. I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.

david1222

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
I’m already there, I was just noting when it started

Unfortunately, iOS 11.4 has his own glitches but this is the most stable version at present. Some of troubles with 11.3 you can experience are: iPhone with iOS 11 is slow, messaging or email apps crash, iMessages are not backed up to iCloud, messages conversations are out of order, iPhone crashing again and again, battery status indicator sometimes disappear, AirPods are both only playing one channel of stereo audio, messages displaying text outside of the notification bubble on lock screen, 'A' with a question mark box is replacing 'i', iOS 11 camera settings keep changing.

Good news is that you can easily solve most of this problems but the question is - did the developers could not avoid them?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yup. I hear ya, the nearest Apple store by me is about 2 1/2 hours drive. Do you have any Apple certified repair centers near by?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My battery drainage seems to be on the extreme side with iOS 11.4.1. Is anyone else experiencing extreme battery drainage?

TheChiefJaguar

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
*Update* took my phone to the Apple store and it had to be replaced. Diagnostics passed but they believed it had a corrupted software load. All good now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW