List of apps in the slide over feature

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
A thousand pardons if this has been asked already. I have poured over Rene's fantastic review of iOS9 as well as some other reviews and tutorials and in regard to the question of 'What causes apps to show up in the slide over feature?' has just not jumped out at me. The best explanation is:

Slide Over lets you quickly access the secondary app as an overlay so you can respond to messages or mail, add to notes or check the web, or do some other, brief task while still keeping the primary app visible but not active.

So...the question:
What causes an app to show up in the slide over view? I would like to customize the list of apps in that feature if it is an option to do so.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No one has responded to this question. Makes me think it is either too obvious an answer...or nobody else knows either? Am I the only one who would like to customize the list if possible?

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's something you can customize yourself, rather the app developers add support for this feature to their apps. Apple did some of their own stock apps. A few of my apps like Hulu, Twitter, and Instapaper have already been updated to support both slide over and split view.

learning2

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish apple would let us edit or at least organize the slide over list. My list is getting crowded with apps I don't particularly want there.