Linksys HomeKit router and bell HH3000

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to use the HomeKit router part of the linksys AC6600 mesh system I purchased with bell HH3000?

I was told by bell that it will not work and I’d have to put it in bridge mode but HomeKit router part will not work in bridge mode.

Thanks in advance

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Bell in a long time - before they got into their Home Hub series of routers.
If you put Bell's Home Hub 3000 in bridge mode, you should be able to put your account (b1) and password into the Internet settings, in PPPoE mode, of your Linksys router. Bridge mode makes your Home Hub 3000 router become just a regular modem.

Edit: it used to be possible, with default Bell settings, to configure a downstream router from Bell’s router as if the latter did not exist. I don’t know if that’s still possible. You might want to try that.

Last edited:

crlinajager

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
These kinds of routers are very good. I like that they can provide high-speed Internet easily, and they have a backup battery in case the energy cuts off. The thing I don't like is that the security of this router is not on a high level. I don't like that it doesn't hide the IP address from people that are not connected to the router. The IP address can say a lot of things about you, especially about your location. It is easy to find the location of a person knowing the IP address. The only thing that can protect you from such things, is using the VPN.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW