Lightning to Aux cord. Has anyone used one?

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Thinking about picking one of these up to try in the car. So far, the lack of a headphone jack is the only thing I can complain about with my 7plus. This looks like it could be a good solution for the car. Has anyone used one of these before? Any comments on quality? Anything else you would recommend instead??

Fox Aux Lightning to 3.5mm Male Aux...p/B01LXQ3HDE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fkrNybTZW89M2

584df05af552fa7bb9c7b7536d515517.jpg

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
That's what I was thinking, why not just plug aux cord into the adapter that came with the phone?

I just use the adaptor and a regular 3.5 to 3.5 wire. No need to order a special cable.

Is there something wrong with the adapter that came with your phone? I've used mine with a wired headset often. Works great.

Try this to connect to your aux-in:

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Premium-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2892660

The problem I have with the adapter is that it speeds up audio. Whenever I use it with headphones or in the car it plays audio at 2-3x normal speed so it's impossible to listen to. I've tried with many different cords, no dice.

I don't have Bluetooth in my car so that isn't an option.

It would just be nice to have a single cord that I can use without adapters or anything. Plus, having to remember to bring the adapter to the car and remember to take it out of the car every time I want to go somewhere is quite tedious. Not to mention how small and easy to lose it is.

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
The problem I have with the adapter is that it speeds up audio. Whenever I use it with headphones or in the car it plays audio at 2-3x normal speed so it's impossible to listen to. I've tried with many different cords, no dice.

I don't have Bluetooth in my car so that isn't an option.

It would just be nice to have a single cord that I can use without adapters or anything. Plus, having to remember to bring the adapter to the car and remember to take it out of the car every time I want to go somewhere is quite tedious. Not to mention how small and easy to lose it is.

If the adapter to aux speeds up audio, wouldn't a lightning cable to aux do the same thing? I have used my standard adapter with headphones and it didn't speed up the audio. That's very strange.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
If the adapter to aux speeds up audio, wouldn't a lightning cable to aux do the same thing? I have used my standard adapter with headphones and it didn't speed up the audio. That's very strange.

That's why I was looking for an alternative to hopefully resolve the problem..

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

This does not happen here. What are you listening to? Music, Podcasts, something else? The only thing I can think of that might cause this is listening to something that has a speed control and that is accidentally getting tripped,

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

That's really strange. I have three lightning to USB adapters that I've plugged into a variety of AUX cables and headphones and haven't experienced sped up audio. Furthermore, I scour these forums almost daily as a moderator and haven't noticed any other posts about it. If sped up audio were a normal issue we'd probably be seeing more posts about it.

Sounds to be like it's more of an issue with your phone, not your adapter. Try switching things up (different music apps, cables, etc.) and see if it helps. Does it only happen in your car? What happens when you plug in headphones instead?

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
That's really strange. I have three lightning to USB adapters that I've plugged into a variety of AUX cables and headphones and haven't experienced sped up audio. Furthermore, I scour these forums almost daily as a moderator and haven't noticed any other posts about it. If sped up audio were a normal issue we'd probably be seeing more posts about it.

Sounds to be like it's more of an issue with your phone, not your adapter. Try switching things up (different music apps, cables, etc.) and see if it helps. Does it only happen in your car? What happens when you plug in headphones instead?

As stated above it happens with most anything I plug into. Typically I'm listening to Apple Music app or Podcasts app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As stated above it happens with most anything I plug into. Typically I'm listening to Apple Music app or Podcasts app.

As stated above it's probably your phone. I doubt buying a different cable is going to fix your problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW