Lightning/30 Pin Adapters and FM Transmitters?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've long used a Griffin iTrip in my car to charge my iP4 while listening to music via the fm transmitter. I assume a lightning to 30 pin adapter will let me charge my i5, but does anyone know if they are compatible with the fm transmitter?

Thanks!

KevSex

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a 3rd party Lightning to 30-pin Adaptor and can conclude that it does charge the device but does not allow audio out :(

I am just going to have to keep using my iPod till someone brings out a Lightning compatible FM Transmitter.

Keep checking griffintechnology.com . There probably the first people that will have something like that and have the best quality products that I am currently using the now (iTrip).

Now I need to see if I can return this adaptor haha

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you should just buy a new car radio, for reals! 70 bucks for a bluetooth ready, ipod ready music machine... how much are you going to spend on accessories to make it all work???

eric1017

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
What kind of adaptor did you get and where did you get it? I just got an iPhone 5 and I have no way of listening to my music in my 2006 accord?

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the small Apple brand adapter at the Sprint store. There is also one that is a short cable that works better if you have a case. Only place I've seen those is Amazon.