Lifeproof for iPhone 5

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They're now $50 directly from LifeProof as well. Great deal. I like the Fre much more than the Nuud.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
They're now $50 directly from LifeProof as well. Great deal. I like the Fre much more than the Nuud.

True, with the in-site coupon code.

Personally, I think the Fre is ok, but the concept of being able to touch your own screen keeping the waterproof feature is what made me go for the Nuud. That and the improved seals, microphone and speaker holes as well as the audio jack little screw holder.

Lots of people had problems with the Fre's either the bubbly screen protector, muffled sound or loosing the damn screw from the audio jack hole

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
True, with the in-site coupon code.

Personally, I think the Fre is ok, but the concept of being able to touch your own screen keeping the waterproof feature is what made me go for the Nuud. That and the improved seals, microphone and speaker holes as well as the audio jack little screw holder.

Lots of people had problems with the Fre's either the bubbly screen protector, muffled sound or loosing the damn screw from the audio jack hole

I had problems with the fre cases but I had even more problems with the nuud case, and in a shorter period of time. Don't get me wrong, the concept is amazing but I was a little uncomfortable after the suction area around the screen kept buckling on me.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine it wouldn't hurt anything. The rubber gasket that seals the screen has plenty of travel and seems like it has nice room for error. Of course lifeproof states that you should remove any screen protector other than the one that comes with the nuud.

I have used a Zagg with the Nuud and it works fine. To me the Fre has a phony look to it with the colored front overlay on the screen. The Nuud eliminates all of that, and is a very solid case. And I have no call quality issues with the Nuud. No complaints from my homeys on the other end. Ok....I don't actually have any homeys. But I really recommend the Nuud.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had zero issues with my nuud. I love the feel of my Otterbox armor case but it muffles sound coming from ear piece and people say I'm muffled as well. None of these issues in the nuud.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had zero issues with my nuud. I love the feel of my Otterbox armor case but it muffles sound coming from ear piece and people say I'm muffled as well. None of these issues in the nuud.

Second! Had it on my 5s since I got it last week and no problems at all! Solid and protective as I wanted it to be. I even tried it dropping it from chest height and dipping it in a bowl of water and it survived both experiments; Fair enough, I can trust it will work later on a real situation.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The LifeProof Fre for the 5 has "evolved" a lot since its initial introduction. Virtually all of the problems seen and experienced in the first batches of cases have been resolved. I have a red LifeProof Fre for my iPhone 5 and I love it. I love not having to worry about the phone accidentally getting wet during these all too frequent Kentucky rainstorms and also when I'm at a bar or something with friends. I've seen and heard many horror stories of beer and phones. :p

FWIW: I can use speakerphone just fine with my LifeProof installed (I've tried it several times to verify) and the sound output is only mildly muffled. The only issue still present is the oil slick look (newton rings) of the screen protector, where it comes in contact with the actual screen. The baby powder trick works well (a tiny amount of baby powder - not really enough to see, in between the LifeProof screen and the phone screen), and makes the newton rings only visible when the screen is turned off.

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
We have them both, the newer style Frē with the earphone jack attached for my wife's 5S, and a N??d for mine. Aside from the fact that her case is teal, and my case weighs just a tad more, they both function fantastically. I have yet to have a conversation with her and think her phone sounds muffled at all. No one else has complained of it either.

Muffled music is a given.

She has a full screen protector installed underneath her Frē case, and we have yet to have any issues with rainbows or rings (knock on wood).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods