Lifeproof case

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
How is the Lifeproof case? How is the sound quality, screen quality, touch response with the case? Looking for a good thin case that will protect my new 4gs iPhone. Is it worth the money? Would you buy it again?

Thanks

KC

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont own a lifeproof case, but my buddy bought one, it looks cool, really is water proof, and is crazy how its constructed but the biggest complaint I have about it is the speaker were you talk is water tight, and therefore you are VERY quiet to whoever you are talking to. He only had it on for a few days because no one he talked to could hear him clearly. He contacted Lifeproof and hes waiting a solution.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The case is second to none...the way I look at it is if you are willing to put a otterbox defender on it then you will really like it (dimension wise). For what protection it offers there's no case like it, money very well spent IMO. The screen is just as responsive, and lays perfectly flat. Ive had life proof since it first came out in June and haven't taken it off since

Reactions: tritan

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The case is second to none...the way I look at it is if you are willing to put a otterbox defender on it then you will really like it (dimension wise). For what protection it offers there's no case like it, money very well spent IMO. The screen is just as responsive, and lays perfectly flat. Ive had life proof since it first came out in June and haven't taken it off since

Do you have problems with people hearing you or you hear them with this seal case?

KC

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Been looking at the lifeproof for the wife.

Keep in mind that if the info in this thread is right... then the lifeproof may not be compatible with the 4S either. Otterbox is claiming that the proximity sensor and camera have been moved slightly.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site

have you had quite audio? I notice the otterbox is really raised and hard to get to the corners of the screen any issues with that ?

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Been looking at the lifeproof for the wife.

Keep in mind that if the info in this thread is right... then the lifeproof may not be compatible with the 4S either. Otterbox is claiming that the proximity sensor and camera have been moved slightly.

There website states it will work with 4s. I guess we will see on friday if they get one and test it? tweet sent to them.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the first to buy one of these and it is water and dust proof but you lose about 25% of your phones volume - speakerphone and listening to music wise, It is very easy to have it become waterlogged and lose microphone sound for calling, The materials used are cheap and do not stand up to rugged use like the Otterbox cases do and in general for the price you pay the quality just isnt there it is a great idea but after 2 months with mine I sold them off. I build pools and service hot tubs for a living and usually end up with at least 3 new phones a yr due to water damage and even with that the Lifeproof case just wasnt good enough to use and keep on the phone. Also the only chargers that fit are the apple original and using the headphones with that stupid dongle adapter is a real pain in the a$$!

Last edited:
Reactions: gmz73

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I HAD to Lifeproof case and took it back after 3 hours. The built in protector is terrible and made typing a PITA. I punch out at least 30 emails a day and with that protector in, it made it tedious. Also my callers sounded a bit muffled and not as clear with the case off. It looks cool but it needs work. It is definitely NOT worth the 75 dollar price tag.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the lifeproof case and love it- When I did have a problem they got back to me within the hour and had a replacement sent out right away- I love mine and would buy it again

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and I want to get this case or something similar. I would love to find a case that I could leave on and still have a decent form factor. I compete in triathlons, ski, hike and enjoy the outdoors in general and this case seems like it will fit the bill pretty well. I have a question before I pull the trigger on this. Has anyone used it with an iPhone 4s and tried to use Siri? I have heard that siri has a hard time when certain cases are used. It's a tradeoff I could live with, but I have really enjoyed Siri so far, and I would want to leave this case on at all times as my lifestyle and activities are hard on my phones.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I was early adopter of the lifeproof case but I ended up selling it. Great form factor and protection, however you cannot dock your phone with the case on-that was a big drawback for me because I listen to my music in my office.

I believe they've fixed the issue but the early cases(mine) sacrificed on sound quality due to it being waterproof. The screen protector did not lie completely flat although I've read that the air escaped out of the case over time-didn't keep it long enough to find out. But I don't think it can be beat if you need that kind of protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal