Lifeproof Case VS Otterbox

Otterbox Or Lifeproof

• Otterbox - Tried & Tested

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Lifeproof - Lots of hype but no real world experience?

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox all the way. Lifeproof just seems too cheap for my tastes. One plastic shell and that's it? I like the fact that it's water proof IF you don't lose those port covers but it's just too flimsy for my liking.

I like the added bulk of an Otterbox.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender case and so far so good. It isn't waterproof like the Lifeproof case but it does a really good job protecting my phone. I have toddlers who are on my phone constantly and it gives me a piece of mind that they can drop it repeatedly and my phone will be fully protected. The case looks good too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had to return the Otterbox yesterday. Was reading some reviews and seems that the Otterbox collects a lot of dust that gets trapped between the phone and the case and causes scratches. Of course I didn't want this so I took it back and got a Griffin Survivor. The fit is more snug. You actually have to snap the phone in place and it protects against dust.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
lifeproof saved my 5 from a bad motorcycle accident and never had an issue on sound or screen to cheek issue and no pillow effect

works great for dust and water.....texting in the pouring rain while people look at you funny is priceless

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had to return the Otterbox yesterday. Was reading some reviews and seems that the Otterbox collects a lot of dust that gets trapped between the phone and the case and causes scratches. Of course I didn't want this so I took it back and got a Griffin Survivor. The fit is more snug. You actually have to snap the phone in place and it protects against dust.

Checkout the speck grip. Great protection And less bulk.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
How does the sound on the Griffin Survivor of the caller sound on your end and vice-versa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for my 2nd replacement case from LifeProof. I really like the case. Just an issue with the "Pillowing" of the screen protector. Otterbox just purchased LifeProof and I hope they can some day resolve the issue.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Lifeproof all the way! Can take pics from the water (I?m a surfer) and it works well. I?m trying the Incipio Atlas at this moment and it has audio problems, hope incipio support can solve the problem. If it does... Atlas incipio way better than both Lifeproof and Otterbox.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Life Proof for the past week and working out well.

Sound a little low, but it's to be expected on a water tight case.. Other then that.. It's solid..

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
ya I realize that, but I rather keep it seal when at all possible... In my line of work.... :)

But the sound is not that drastic.. It just takes some time of getting used to.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have had no sound problems with mine. I just received my replacement case and it is awesome. I noticed they added 2 very small clear rubber rectangular pieces to the back plate of the case (in the middle). When I installed it I had no "Pillowing" on the screen protector. It is flat as can be. I am very happy with the case.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Im waffling back and fourth between the Defender and the LP... I think for the protection I need, the LP case is what I will be going with..just can't get past the added bulk of the Defender and the silicon case that prohibits taking it out of my pocket...

Gonna pick up a LP case (for my 4s) on Tuesday...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR