Life is too Short to worry about Trivial things

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was listening to a friend today who worries about everything going on around him and I just thought I would create a post about my view on life itself.

My twin brother and I have been through a lot in life and especially the last three years. Myself with hearth disease and my brother with prostate cancer.

I now have an ICD implant and was worried about being able to ride my motorcycle with this electronic thing inside me, but I can still ride and after three years since the implant surgery, my last cardiology appointment at the VA, I have had no abnormal heart rhythms, so life is good.

My twin brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer and went through 27 straight days of radiation treatments and hormone injections for a year and now his PSA score has dropped and they have stopped the treatments, so he is doing OK.

I say this to all my friends out there on the iMore and CB forums, life is a bunch of hurtles you have to jump over, some you may miss and fall on you’re ***, but pick yourself up and continue to move forward.

Life is too short and my brother and I have always stuck together and been there for each other through thick and thin and that’s the way it should always be.

I didn’t mean to rattle on, but I hope everyone makes to retirement as we have and is able to enjoy not working, being able to relax and do the things you couldn’t do when you where working. Just the way my parents raised me.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear of you and your brother's medical problems and you are so right although we don't realize it sometimes life is short and too many people dwell on the small problems in life .Who would have thought in 2020 so many people in north america and all around the world would be sick and dying with a fathom disease and will not even make it to mid life little alone retirement so I would join with you and wish everyone on the forums a healthy long life and a happy/healthy retirement ,take care stay safe and healthy .

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So well said, Ron! I do believe that when someone chooses to "sit in a worry chair" all day long and fret, that they miss out on so much in life. I have the tendency to do that, but as I've grown older, I realize that each day is a gift. There will always be ups and downs, but trying to focus on finding the daily joys in life is so much more beneficial. Not that it's easy, especially with this wretched pandemic, which has everyone on edge!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I say this to people all the time when they ask why I’m in such a good mood. I could choose to focus on everything bad that’s going on or I can pray & count my blessings, as I’ve been doing. It’s not to say I don’t have moments where I’m emotional, but that’s all they are...moments. I strive to enjoy life to the fullest, regardless of what’s happening. There will always be good & bad things that happen...how I choose to deal with them will determine my quality of life.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been the sickest I’ve ever been over the last eighteen months. It’s been the hardest point of my life. Yes I’ve thought about ending it all but I know I never will. I have too much to live for. My good lady is my joy and my career is my passion.

I’ve learned to say “what’s good?” To someone when greeting them. It’s amazing how such a small change of words can have such a profound effect.

I’ve learned to spot the negatives in my speech too. I used to say “no worries,” or “no problems.” And whilst the two words taken together are a positive thing, individually they are both negative words.

The power of positive thinking doesn’t have any mystical ‘woo’ behind it, but it does challenge you to think of all good things daily. Those who are positive are generally happier, and happier people seem to have more chance of chasing away illnesses, are easier to be around, and attract others who are positive and happy too.

So, I say to you, challenge yourself daily.

What’s good?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been the sickest I’ve ever been over the last eighteen months. It’s been the hardest point of my life. Yes I’ve thought about ending it all but I know I never will. I have too much to live for. My good lady is my joy and my career is my passion.

I’ve learned to say “what’s good?” To someone when greeting them. It’s amazing how such a small change of words can have such a profound effect.

I’ve learned to spot the negatives in my speech too. I used to say “no worries,” or “no problems.” And whilst the two words taken together are a positive thing, individually they are both negative words.

The power of positive thinking doesn’t have any mystical ‘woo’ behind it, but it does challenge you to think of all good things daily. Those who are positive are generally happier, and happier people seem to have more chance of chasing away illnesses, are easier to be around, and attract others who are positive and happy too.

So, I say to you, challenge yourself daily.

What’s good?

It’s refreshing to hear other saying “What’s good”. I grew up in a pretty rough area, but that’s been a normal greeting since I was a kid. Some people look at it as slang, I look at it the way you described. It’s pretty much forcing someone to think of all the good around them & speak on it

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It’s good to hear from folks out there sharing their views on life and how they deal with it. I will be 65 in December and I remember what my dad always told me.

When you reach the age of retirement and when you can start to enjoy what you have worked for, every day when I wake up and my feet hit the floor, it a great day and I am blessed.

I also enjoy being on the iMore and CB forums and I am honored to have been chosen to be an Ambassador to represent these forums and try and live up what is expected of me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods