Letterary. 9-letter word search for iPhone and iPad

philodendron

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi community! I'm the developer of Letterary and wanted to share my game for any word puzzle lovers out there.

App Store link - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/letterary/id1619794425?itscg=30200&itsct=apps_box_link

Letterary is a word search for a 9-letter word accomplished by swiping from letter to letter.
Only adjacent letters, no diagonal moves.
The completed word always forms a 3x3 square.

For instance - see if you can find a word here:

E R Y
V D I
O C S

(hint - starts with D)

Letterary is free to play, no ads, no in-app purchases, and only 512 KB.

I'd be keen to hear any feedback, questions, bug reports, or even word suggestions! Thank you

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/letterary/id1619794425?itscg=30200&itsct=apps_box_link

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi community! I'm the developer of Letterary and wanted to share my game for any word puzzle lovers out there.

App Store link - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/letterary/id1619794425?itscg=30200&itsct=apps_box_link

Letterary is a word search for a 9-letter word accomplished by swiping from letter to letter.
Only adjacent letters, no diagonal moves.
The completed word always forms a 3x3 square.

For instance - see if you can find a word here:

E R Y
V D I
O C S

(hint - starts with D)

Letterary is free to play, no ads, no in-app purchases, and only 512 KB.

I'd be keen to hear any feedback, questions, bug reports, or even word suggestions! Thank you

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/letterary/id1619794425?itscg=30200&itsct=apps_box_link

Welcome to iMore! Thanks for sharing your app with us and I wish you great success with it. If you haven't already, please be sure to familiarize your self with our "Developer Rules & Guidelines" which can be found here: https://forums.imore.com/developers-lounge/257101-developer-rules-guidelines.html#post2033561

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s a good game, but it can also stump you since you can’t move diagonally.

philodendron

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, diagonally was tricky with the word-is-3x3-square format; I wanted to make it somewhat easy to 'see' the connections and also slide around. Eventually the 'number' hint will change to a 9 and then you can see the whole word - course you still have to find it :). But which one did you get stumped on I'm curious?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, diagonally was tricky with the word-is-3x3-square format; I wanted to make it somewhat easy to 'see' the connections and also slide around. Eventually the 'number' hint will change to a 9 and then you can see the whole word - course you still have to find it :). But which one did you get stumped on I'm curious?

The world turned out to be “yesterday”. Before dinner, I was stumped, but after having dinner and looking at it again, I was able to figure it out.

philodendron

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
You 'persisted'! (a future puzzle word possibly). Glad that you figured it out.
Er, since I've just put it out a few days ago, it may be buggy - so I'm wondering, did the Hints at the bottom work? One may have referenced The Beatles, and the other should show some of the letters, almost as if you were doing a crossword and occasionally filling in some of the cross-words to get those letters.
thanks

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You 'persisted'! (a future puzzle word possibly). Glad that you figured it out.
Er, since I've just put it out a few days ago, it may be buggy - so I'm wondering, did the Hints at the bottom work? One may have referenced The Beatles, and the other should show some of the letters, almost as if you were doing a crossword and occasionally filling in some of the cross-words to get those letters.
thanks

I’ve yet to use any of the hints. I know me. I’ll drive myself nearly insane before I use a hint. ….(Laughing)….my apologies for the slow response. I’m sitting here watching a press conference featuring the commissioner of the NBA ADAM silver and now I’m preparing to watch Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Go Warriors!

philodendron

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
App update

Just flipped v1.1.0 live!

New in v1.1:
  • if you got to the end of v1.0, there are now more word searches in the bundle
  • updated 'box scores' when sharing results to show number of letter hints used (or, not-used!) while solving
  • bug fixes

philodendron

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
I’ve yet to use any of the hints. I know me. I’ll drive myself nearly insane before I use a hint. ….(Laughing)…

In this new version the score now reflects if you don't use any of the letter hints (the [1], [3], [9] letter-reveal buttons). Thank you for sort of suggesting this!

I think the clue though is part of the game, like a clue in a crossword puzzle, so I expect the player to look at that, and it doesn't affect your result if you use it.

Go Warriors!

So it's tied 2-2... game 5 tonight!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In this new version the score now reflects if you don't use any of the letter hints (the [1], [3], [9] letter-reveal buttons). Thank you for sort of suggesting this!

I think the clue though is part of the game, like a clue in a crossword puzzle, so I expect the player to look at that, and it doesn't affect your result if you use it.

So it's tied 2-2... game 5 tonight!

Indeed and it’s a must-win situation for the dubs. If they lose tonight, I highly doubt they’ll survive game 6 in Boston.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2