• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Let’s see your iPhone lock/home screens!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
e7b9c4ffdbd2185679a013fd47e78392.png

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I’m sure. I didn’t know you are in TX. Hope you and your family are doing OK.

Thanks Anastayja1 My wife and I are thankful to be alive and both my 2 dogs and 2 cats We were without power and water for 3 days. The second day, it was so cold in my house that the thermostat read 36 degrees! It was sooo cold especially at night with the windchill, it was -10 degrees! During the days it was 8-10 and then in the 20’s. We were in survival mode, and we all stayed in our vehicles to keep warm and try to sleep, which was challenging enough. My prayers go out to those that lost their lives We are Houston strong and are slowly picking up the pieces

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Anastayja1 My wife and I are thankful to be alive and both my 2 dogs and 2 cats We were without power and water for 3 days. The second day, it was so cold in my house that the thermostat read 36 degrees! It was sooo cold that we all stayed in our vehicles to keep warm and to sleep, which was challenging enough. My prayers go out to those that lost their lives We are Houston strong and are slowly picking up the pieces

OMG I didn’t realize you were in Texas !! TG you’re all safe I’ve read in the news that it has just been so crazy where the storms hit!! Happy to hear you’ve gotten thru it all...I’m sure 80° is a welcoming warmth!!!

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Anastayja1 My wife and I are thankful to be alive and both my 2 dogs and 2 cats We were without power and water for 3 days. The second day, it was so cold in my house that the thermostat read 36 degrees! It was sooo cold that we all stayed in our vehicles to keep warm and to sleep, which was challenging enough. My prayers go out to those that lost their lives We are Houston strong and are slowly picking up the pieces

I can’t imagine how hard this was on you guys. It is really sad that people had to go through this. Soo happy you, your wife and pets are OK and that you now have water and electricity and can start picking up the pieces like you said.

I read some news articles about the lack of groceries at the supermarket and the elderly lady who froze to death in her apartment and her home was robbed. The Mayor who resigned is also a horrible person.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
OMG I didn’t realize you were in Texas !! TG you’re all safe I’ve read in the news that it has just been so crazy where the storms hit!! Happy to hear you’ve gotten thru it all...I’m sure 80° is a welcoming warmth!!!

Thank you Pink It was truly a life changing event and now Houston is rethinking how to be better prepared going forward.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I can’t imagine how hard this was on you guys. It is really sad that people had to go through this. Soo happy you, your wife and pets are OK and that you now have water and electricity and can start picking up the pieces like you said.

I read some news articles about the lack of groceries at the supermarket and the elderly lady who froze to death in her apartment and her home was robbed. The Mayor who resigned is also a horrible person.

Much appreciated Anastayja1 Also the lack of plumbers! They are like unicorns They are in high demand. Both home depot, Lowe’s and other plumbing business are mostly out of stock for all plumbing supplies and materials.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Anastayja1 My wife and I are thankful to be alive and both my 2 dogs and 2 cats We were without power and water for 3 days. The second day, it was so cold in my house that the thermostat read 36 degrees! It was sooo cold especially at night with the windchill, it was -10 degrees! During the days it was 8-10 and then in the 20’s. We were in survival mode, and we all stayed in our vehicles to keep warm and try to sleep, which was challenging enough. My prayers go out to those that lost their lives We are Houston strong and are slowly picking up the pieces

WOW, I didn't know you was in Texas Seneca. I'm so glad to hear you and your Family are doing well. Prayers are still going up.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
WOW, I didn't know you was in Texas Seneca. I'm so glad to hear you and your Family are doing well. Prayers are still going up.

Thank you Spencerdl I appreciate life more and even though it was exhausting what we were going through, coming on here during last week’s historical Arctic event, helped my sanity

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman