Legend of Korra

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Anybody watch Korra?

After tonight's episode 'The Sting' I'm really disappointed with the lack of direction for this season.

I waited all this week to find out what happened to Korra after her showdown with the spirit only to be insulted with a filler episode featuring Mako and Asami then a mind numbingly bored B story with Bolin acting in Vareks 'movers' only to be set up with another freaking cliffhanger while the first one is yet to be resolved?!

SMH.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody watch Korra?

After tonight's episode 'The Sting' I'm really disappointed with the lack of direction for this season.

I waited all this week to find out what happened to Korra after her showdown with the spirit only to be insulted with a filler episode featuring Mako and Asami then a mind numbingly bored B story with Bolin acting in Vareks 'movers' only to be set up with another freaking cliffhanger while the first one is yet to be resolved?!

SMH.

I did not. Heck I've never even heard the show....:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anybody watch Korra?

SMH.

Is the show on Hulu Plus? I've been meaning to catch up on it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My niece was sick one week years and years ago...and I was the only person off work to go pick her up from school. When I brought her home she goes "Will you watch Avatar with me?" and I was like "Sure, why not."...so I sat down and watched the first episode, and then the second...and before I knew it, she was asleep and there I was watching through this show without stopping. Went home, and watched everything that On Demand had and then downloaded the rest. It was seriously one of the coolest stories I had ever watched, and I don't give a crap what anyone says...I'm a 34 year old man (was probably 30 at the time), and that sh*t was awesome. I'll always be a child at heart with a love for cartoons, but this series was just more than that...

The Legend of Korra is awesome too...different, and not quite as light hearted as Avatar The Last Airbender was...it reminds me a lot of what Batman: The Animated Series was like, awesome illustrators, great writers and I've really enjoyed it so far. My only hang up with it has been the fact that she can use the avatar state pretty much at whim, where as Ang was more "in control", even as a child. I guess maybe that is kind of a basis for the story in many ways with Korra, but I wish she was more restrained, so we could see that balance with other people...Korra seems like a god amongst humans, where as Ang seemed like a human with god like powers (if that makes sense).

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Legend of Korra is awesome too...different, and not quite as light hearted as Avatar The Last Airbender was...it reminds me a lot of what Batman: The Animated Series was like, awesome illustrators, great writers and I've really enjoyed it so far. My only hang up with it has been the fact that she can use the avatar state pretty much at whim, where as Ang was more "in control", even as a child. I guess maybe that is kind of a basis for the story in many ways with Korra, but I wish she was more restrained, so we could see that balance with other people...Korra seems like a god amongst humans, where as Ang seemed like a human with god like powers (if that makes sense).

I agree with what you said there, I found out that a bunch of the season is on Hulu Plus and finally caught up. This show is very good but like you said I'd like for Korra to seem more restrained, it just seemed like some things are much easier than they should be for her.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just watched the special 2 parter that came on last weekend...what an amazing episode! Seriously, it was so awesome, and the illustration style was pretty cool too! Like comic book mixed with the normal cartoon we see.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
BTAS was awesome! I still check it out from time to time. Mask of the Phantasm was an amazing animated movie that would've been great as a live action film.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, but if it is, deff check it out!

The last 3 episodes have been EPICALLY good. I love the direction the story is heading in now, and I really like the fact that she finally needs help to get stuff done.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what you said there, I found out that a bunch of the season is on Hulu Plus and finally caught up. This show is very good but like you said I'd like for Korra to seem more restrained, it just seemed like some things are much easier than they should be for her.

Do you think that maybe Korra has more restraint as the Avatar because we have already seen Aang go through the struggle of learning to master the Avatar state. It's the writer's chance to show their audience what happens "after". What type of character development or struggle can THIS Avatar overcome? I would like to find out!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pretty amazing ending to this season! The battle was quite intense, and did not end how I thought it would. It leaves so much up for discussion, and really makes me excited for the next book to be released!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone here kept up with this show, especially after Nick put it online only (which was such a crock of crap in my opinion).

The finale was, to put simply, beautiful. I wasn't overly impressed with the final battle, but to be honest, it followed suit with the entire story up to that point...in Avatar: The Last Airbender, Aang was unquestionably the savior and the ultimate power...in The Legend of Korra, Korra was a power that needed help, and the story relied on the power the entire slew of sub-characters gave to the avatar and the "team" dynamic (if you will).

I think I liked that as a different pace...even if the battles weren't quite as satisfying (given Korra's obvious weaknesses and failure to truly understand the avatar state until the very very end).

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!

Lots of people are getting really dramatic about the final scene with Korra and Assami...and I'd say that I personally feel people saw what they wanted to see in most of the responses. Me personally? I saw two very tested friends, finally settling down after the world was ending and they were able to stop it...and they wanted some quality time to develop a deep friendship. I never saw it as "love", but if someone feels that's what was there, I can understand why, and I have no problem with that canon really.

In the end, I really enjoyed this series...maybe not as much as Avatar: The Last Airbender, but still, on it's own, I will miss it and feel the time invested was very worth it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods