Leather/ silicone Apple case: which feel better in the hand?

I

iMore Question

Leather/ silicone Apple case

Which is thin and feels better in the hand ?
I read that the silicone become slippery after some time(?) maybe the texture change after a while, and its attract dust (but easily wo wipe off) or the leather which wears at time.. and made of a real animal... little disturb me..

what do you recommend? i thought white silicone or saddle brown.
thanks for any help

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I find the silicone to be slippery right out of the package. It's a strange feeling material. It's not slippery the way the naked iPhone is slippery, but it sort of just slides through your grip. The other unfortunately side affect is that it tends to stick in your pocket and collect micro-lint.

I returned mine after giving it my best effort over a few days.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Leather/ silicone Apple case

I use the silicon. It's somewhat grippy, but does slowly slide out of your hand if you let it. I have last years leather and it isn't as grippy as the silicone. I don't have the new leather one, so not sure how it compares. But I do like the silicone. Go to an Apple Store and feel them before deciding. They usually have display ones out for you to try on.

reygza

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Silicone is easier to keep clean if it's a light colored case but leather feels much better in the hand.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
While it all comes down to personal preference I have to say the Leather cases. They're way better and feel/look like a high quality product you should expect to see from Apple.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! I own and like them both. The silicone provides slightly better protection because it's rubbery, but the quality of the leather is phenomenal IMHO. The silicone does attract some lint but it wipes off pretty easily. I like the look of the leather over the silicone though, and the blue and saddle brown cases both look great on my silver 6s Plus.

anni00

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

I have both the white silicone and the saddle brown leather case.
The leather feels really nice but I actually prefer the white silicone. It is so easy to keep clean and looks awesome on the rose gold 6S.
I don't have any problems with lint but I put my iPhone in a sleeve before I throw it into my handbags.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I own and like them both. The silicone provides slightly better protection because it's rubbery, but the quality of the leather is phenomenal IMHO. The silicone does attract some lint but it wipes off pretty easily. I like the look of the leather over the silicone though, and the blue and saddle brown cases both look great on my silver 6s Plus.

My thoughts too. Just got a new leather to replace my worn out midnight blue. Got the brown leather one. Not as saturated in color as the saddle brown but the saddle brown sure is sharp.
d6ca3a8a60b2ba822f99284f8e0e81f4.jpg

5dd07137eb74f46b95052fd5efa61549.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts too. Just got a new leather to replace my worn out midnight blue. Got the brown leather one. Not as saturated in color as the saddle brown but the saddle brown sure is sharp.
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/d6ca3a8a60b2ba822f99284f8e0e81f4.jpg
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/28/5dd07137eb74f46b95052fd5efa61549.jpg

Looks good! It was a close match between the saddle brown and the regular brown for me.
By the way, Nice Case with Nice Features thank you for sharing it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks good! It was a close match between the saddle brown and the regular brown for me.
By the way, Nice Case with Nice Features thank you for sharing it.

I meant to get saddle brown but was in a hurry. Kept thinking it's not as bright as I thought. more subtle, though I may exchange it -- we will see.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've used the black leather case on my last three iPhones almost exclusively, and can't find a case I like any better...or even as well. I've had the "new" one on my 6s for a week or so, and I will tell you that it's a bit slippier out of the box than the "old" model was. I'm pretty sure it will get softer & grippier with use and from the "patina" the leather develops over time.

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
used both. the silicon one is thinner but the leather one feels better in hand. I suggest the silicon white because it is easier to keep clean and can show the phone appearance better.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I've had both and prefer the leather. Feels better in hand. The silicone case felt like I was holding a rubber band. Always got caught taking in and out of my pocket. And it was a lint trap. Jmo

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I had the leather case for my 6 but I returned after a week. Not because of the way if felt, but because I didn't think it was worth it at the time. I have the white silicone for my 6s plus and I love the way it feels. I really like them both. The only reason I haven't picked up a leather case is because I can't decide on a color.