Lead times or waits by model.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
In pre-order all 3 phones done right away, I was surprised to see the two 14 Pros marked to arrive this week and the 14 Pro Max marked October 3-10. All are plain stainless and white. My not losing sleep over it curiosity is wondering if that difference is a matter of parts availability or demand???

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had everything set and prepared via Apple the night before. I was waiting at 5am, the store did not open until 5:05am. I was checked out in 30-seconds and my delivery jumped from 9/16 to 9/27-9/30. I could have canceled and switched to in-store, but I figured why drive 67-miles each way and deal with the crowd. Still showing 9/27-9/30 for me. The case is being delivered today.

iPHone 14 Black ProMax 512, via Apple (With ATT & Carrier / Unlocked), + 2 Years AppleCAre+ with Theft, Trade In an iPHone 12 ProMax. Paid in full on Amex, no monthly payments. So unsure of what caused the delay?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
No one really knows TBH.
So many duplicate orders on apple.com, lots of stock over-allocated, etc.
Still waiting for the dust to settle I suppose.
My 1TB Space Black 14 Pro Max is supposed to be delivered 23 Sept.
Same day as my Watch Ultra!
We'll see.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
No one really knows TBH.
So many duplicate orders on apple.com, lots of stock over-allocated, etc.
Still waiting for the dust to settle I suppose.
My 1TB Space Black 14 Pro Max is supposed to be delivered 23 Sept.
Same day as my Watch Ultra!
We'll see.

Definitely this. Apple obviously keeps their own sales inventory but allocates to carriers and sellers. And I’m betting Apple has not changed much over the years from their build->delivery time being the absolutely shortest time as they can possibly make it.

But as FFR mentioned, this year is the year of the Pro. For 200$ more you get the promotion display, stainless steel, dynamic island, always on display, big camera upgrade, the newest generation SOC. I think this probably is the biggest gulf between pro vs non pro. (Important to also remember the pro brand is a better secondary market/trade in seller. The ultimate out of pocket is less than 200).

Last edited:

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine too, purple. Still says preparing to ship.

If it’s coming from China, it’s not getting here by Friday.

More than likely it is already on the way to you! UPS probably took possession over the weekend in China.
If you sign up for a UPS account you can see inbound shipments.
This is how it's been in the past.
Typically it won't say shipped until it reaches your local distribution hub which is a day or so before delivery.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if the color choice has anything to do with the delays.

As I've said before... it's too bad that the iPhones that are shipped aren't eligible for frequent flyer miles! :D

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm showing expected delivery Friday, but it is still "Preparing to ship." We'll see. I don't think I've ever gotten an iPhone later than initially promised.

Update: I received an email from Apple this morning that UPS would deliver my phone tomorrow. :yes:

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My order just shipped.

giphy.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member