Launch day FaceTime!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't really care about facetime. The wifi restriction is a real drag. Perhaps things will change, but for now, I have no use for this feature.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd be willing to do some FaceTime. However it would be later in the day when I am at home using my wi-fi. The wi-fi at the office is too restrictive. Any takers?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've already lined up a dozen people I know who are getting iPhone 4 and we will be using it that night.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got my iPhone 4 yesterday and have only 1 person I'm waiting on to get their phone today. This sucks I got like no one to Face Time!!!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Tried it with my co-worker...it's kinda cool...it's a shame it's wifi only. My other co-worker hadn't been activated on the FaceTime servers yet so he couldn't try it ( he got his iPhone at 9am this morning, by noon it was still not activated for FaceTime ).

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Note: If your FaceTime says "waiting for activation" for too long ( say an hour ) try restarting the device ( soft reset ).

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I did this yesterday with a few co-workers. I am at home this week taking some days off. It worked great, the clarity of the video was pretty amazing. I'd personally like to see them push this forward to working with Mac and PC's with an app like iChat. That would be way cool!

Everyone at the office was passing the phone around and it was funny watching them. Switching between the front and back camera works very smooth! Good Job Apple on the FaceTime!