Latest From PowerSupport

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a damn shame they bend us International customers over and take a cane to our butt cheeks with their ridiculous shipping costs. It would cost me $50 to pre-order their films :(

I so need an American friend!

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered mine, but there was something odd. I checked earlier last week (when they were officially shipping), and the website showed them as available. When I just ordered mine, it showed it as a preorder. Not sure if it was just a website mix-up, or if they actually sold through their initial allotment in a week. I don't care, though, because I still want them.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that too mate. Just checked the product pages again and it says:

" Orders will continue shipping on August 4th "

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. Ordered the Crystal films. Sorry to say that unless you order the specific front/back package for $24, you don't get a back film. No biggie since I didn't expect one, but still disappointing based on their tweet.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
@Droid

Love to hear what you have to say about them. Are they worth the extra dosh?

Definitely worth the extra money. They're the perfect thickness, and they go on without a hitch at all. (literally, 2 minutes max) Around the earpiece/camera it looked like it wasn't going to adhere, but 15 seconds of rubbing with a cloth fixed that right up.

One thing that I REALLY liked about them is that the backing is now in segments, so you can adhere the top or bottom (and line it up with the home button or camera/earpiece) before exposing the rest of the film. Its an ingenious way to prevent dust from getting on it while you maneuver it to line up.

If you buy screen protectors, buy the power support ones.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Definitely worth the extra money. They're the perfect thickness, and they go on without a hitch at all. (literally, 2 minutes max) Around the earpiece/camera it looked like it wasn't going to adhere, but 15 seconds of rubbing with a cloth fixed that right up.

One thing that I REALLY liked about them is that the backing is now in segments, so you can adhere the top or bottom (and line it up with the home button or camera/earpiece) before exposing the rest of the film. Its an ingenious way to prevent dust from getting on it while you maneuver it to line up.

If you buy screen protectors, buy the power support ones.

Excellent. Sounds like PowerSupport will reign supreme over the others again this round. Might just have to bite the bullet and order a set (even though it disgusts me to have to pay $25 in shipping to the UK...).

Just wish they would respond to my questions. I've asked via several mediums, some questions, and I've yet to hear a response from them. They seem to be very ignorant towards potential customers from outside the US. Grr.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Excellent. Sounds like PowerSupport will reign supreme over the others again this round. Might just have to bite the bullet and order a set (even though it disgusts me to have to pay $25 in shipping to the UK...).

Just wish they would respond to my questions. I've asked via several mediums, some questions, and I've yet to hear a response from them. They seem to be very ignorant towards potential customers from outside the US. Grr.

Eesh. It becomes a more difficult decision with that shipping charge. The question you need to ask yourself is if a screen protector (okay, two) is worth $45. If I were in your position, I wouldn't get them. I would get the SGP ones, and wait for the Apple stores to get them in stock. (or wait until PS works out logistics to get them to non-US customers more cheaply)

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yup, pretty much what I've got going on at the moment. Although I'm not 100% happy with the SGP. I'm waiting for an Enlgish run website to get stock of the PowerSupport ones. Still doesn't work out any cheaper (will still cost me around $40-$45) but won't have to wait for shipping etc.

I hate the way prices convert from USD to GBP 1:1 by companies. Technically, by todays conversion rates, the PowerSupport films should only cost me ?12-15 ($20-$25) not ?20-30 ($45-$50). Grr.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Managed to finally get myself the two-piece Crystal front and back set from an eBay seller in the US, which was still $20 cheaper then ordering it from Power Support USA website, which are also in the US...go figure...

Anyway, I can honestly say, there is a good reason why there iPhone 4 films are more expensive then their competitors. I have owned quite a few screen protectors from several manufacturers, the last one I settled on was an SGP Crystal. However, the Power Support films blow everything else out of the water. From application right down to film quality, they are worth the premium in my honest opinion.

Well done Power Support. You provided the best protectors for the 3G/3GS and you've continued that trend with the 4G.

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
How do they handle fingerprints and smudges? Do fingerprints show up as easily on the crystal as phone does without anything films on it?

Thanks

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty good at being anti fingerprint, even though its the Crystal version. It's about on par a if you had no screen protector, certainly no worse. Its much more resistant to fingerprints then it's SGP rival.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are worried about fingerprints go with the PS anti-glare. It is great for fingerprints and by far the best protector i've used to date.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
My problem with other anti glare or anti fingerprints with te iPhone 4 is they dull the beauty of the retina display too much. Hence for this gen, I've gone crystal and put up with the finger prints thus far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods