• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Labor group pulls Atlanta store union vote, says Apple is interfering

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this straight. It’s okay to tell employees the benefits of having a union, but not okay to tell them the benefits of not having a union?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That is a good question! I think that it is essential for anyone facing this decision to have all the facts so they can make an educated choice.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Let me get this straight. It’s okay to tell employees the benefits of having a union, but not okay to tell them the benefits of not having a union?

As a 31 year member of Local 4543 as well as Steward and Treasurer of USW Steelworkers I can say that unions work BUT in the past it wasn’t all about pay and benefits but also a SAFE work environment so we all can go home to our families

Tech companies have a better track record than industrial companies when it comes to safe non Threatening work conditions here in America that I can see so it’s a tough choice for the workers to choose but I fully agree with D that union organizers by most union by-laws must lay out the Pros and Cons so they can vote in confidence

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As a 31 year member of Local 4543 as well as Steward and Treasurer of USW Steelworkers I can say that unions work BUT in the past it wasn’t all about pay and benefits but also a SAFE work environment so we all can go home to our families

Tech companies have a better track record than industrial companies when it comes to safe non Threatening work conditions here in America that I can see so it’s a tough choice for the workers to choose but I fully agree with D that union organizers by most union by-laws must lay out the Pros and Cons so they can vote in confidence

Perfect! My reply was not anti-union, but one of fairness. Don’t stifle the benefits of not being unionized and then blame Apple for providing that information when it appears you might not get the votes needed to get the union underway.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza