Kyle Rittenhouse judge fooled by wild iPad claim regarding video evidence

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A man is not defined by the size of the weapon he carries. A man is defined by his actions, most importantly, how he treats other human beings. None of us are perfect. We are all in this world together. Stop making excuses for thinking you can decide who lives or dies.

I must have missed something. To whom is this response meant for and who thought to decide who lives or dies?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I must have missed something. To whom is this response meant for and who thought to decide who lives or dies?

I feel that going to an area of trouble carrying a weapon and, in the end, shooting and killing two individuals is one example. Another is 3 individuals chasing a person jogging through the neighborhood and killing him is another.

It is not directed at anyone in particular but pointing out, in general, that we have a justice system to carry out our laws. We, as individuals, should not be making those decisions.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel that going to an area of trouble carrying a weapon and, in the end, shooting and killing two individuals is one example. Another is 3 individuals chasing a person jogging through the neighborhood and killing him is another.

It is not directed at anyone in particular but pointing out, in general, that we have a justice system to carry out our laws. We, as individuals, should not be making those decisions.

Understood and thanks for the follow up…. :)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Understood and thanks for the follow up…. :)

I’m glad we’re able to have this conversation. I’m trying my best, the older I get, to understand we all came from different backgrounds and have different opinions based on our experiences. The only way we will advance in a positive manner is to talk our way through these situations.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m glad we’re able to have this conversation. I’m trying my best, the older I get, to understand we all came from different backgrounds and have different opinions based on our experiences. The only way we will advance in a positive manner is to talk our way through these situations.

Indeed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You keep saying trying to get from point A to point B. I still don't know where nonsense comes from. His whole argument is literally that he was protecting a used car lot, that was asked to protect it. The owners stated that they did not ask them to protect the lot. He was not going anywhere.

Well, I guess he beamed himself there then. LOL

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess he beamed himself there then. LOL
That doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. Getting from point A to point B has nothing to do with how that happens. It's not even the point here. If what you said was true, he never would have been out in the streets, he wouldn't have been at the dealership, he definitely wouldn't have been there been a rifle, and most definitely wouldn't have been "defending" that dealership with that rifle. That is not going from point A to point B. How he got to Kenosha is irrelevant.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How he got to Kenosha is irrelevant.

Exactly. Which is why I belly-laugh at these “He crossed State lines!” people. All these arguments of he shouldn’t have been there are more irrelevant. Whatever circumstances put him there don’t matter. He was in a situation where 3 nut jobs threatened his life. He acted accordingly.

We can make the same argument of “shouldn’t have been there” for literally every historical event. I could say George Floyd shouldn’t have been where he was loaded up on drugs and being difficult for over 30 minutes with police officers. But he was and he ran into some of the most incompetent cops you can find. And look what happened. He died. But if I dare ask why George Floyd was even there trying to pass off counterfeit money I get roasted for even questioning that all the while I hear, “Rittenhouse should have stayed where was.”

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. Which is why I belly-laugh at these “He crossed State lines!” people. All these arguments of he shouldn’t have been there are more irrelevant. Whatever circumstances put him there don’t matter. He was in a situation where 3 nut jobs threatened his life. He acted accordingly.

We can make the same argument of “shouldn’t have been there” for literally every historical event. I could say George Floyd shouldn’t have been where he was loaded up on drugs and being difficult for over 30 minutes with police officers. But he was and he ran into some of the most incompetent cops you can find. And look what happened. He died. But if I dare ask why George Floyd was even there trying to pass off counterfeit money I get roasted for even questioning that all the while I hear, “Rittenhouse should have stayed where was.”

Wow. Those are so similar. You might want to stop while you’re behind.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I think you make a valid point. We find ourselves in situations every day. Sometimes because we put ourselves there and sometimes due to chance. Ultimately it’s the decisions we make in those situations that matter.

I have, as I’ve grown older, put my focus into living in the moment. Appreciating each moment I have to live. Paying attention to what’s around me. Perhaps we all can agree that if we would appreciate each moment and respect each other more these kind of outcomes would become less prevalent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox