Keystroke sound/vibrations on silent

Baz88

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I've used my iphone x for 7 months now and i thought i would forget about it but i'm struggling without the vibration feedback the keyboard my samsung used to give me.
I work in an office so my phone is on silent 90% of the day, meaning the keyboard clicks don't work on silent either. I don't feel like i'm pressing anything on the keyboard and i'm making many more typing errors and if i haven't gotten over it in 7 months , i don't think i will.

I've paid for an app called enzo but the vibration on that is just stange. I don't know if it's the app or the haptic engine of the iphone but samsung felt more solid whereas iphones feels less so. I can't even describe it. I don't feel like it's the phone only because the vibration every other time doesn't feel the same. It feels just as solid, so i'm thinking it's the app. The keyboard itself isn't great either. The autocorrect is not amazing. I say not amazing but it's flat out useless. It doesn't even correct most things.

Anyway, are there any other apps OR is there i way i can turn on keyboard click sounds WHILE the phone is on silent, without having to flick the mute switch everytime i pick up and put my phone down?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
is there i way i can turn on keyboard click sounds WHILE the phone is on silent, without having to flick the mute switch everytime i pick up and put my phone down?

Not that I am aware of. Keeping the keyboard clicks silent while the phone is muted is how it is intended to work.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of things that I can think of that will work, but they have tradeoffs:

1. If you don't need to get notifications on the phone, you can turn on "Do not disturb" and in settings / do not disturb set the phone to be silent always (rather than only when the phone is locked.) You'd have to check your phone for anything new in your apps, so that might not be what you want.

2. Get an Apple Watch. Notifications will go to the watch, and you can set it to silent so it will only vibrate when you get a notification (except a phone call - those might make a sound.) That's co$tly, though, just to solve this problem. (Although it may end up being the best solution.)

3. When you get to work, turn off sound on all of your notifications and get a silent ringtone (i.e., a ringtone that makes no sound) for calls and texts. Again, that would be a major pain in the neck, though.

4. Set the notification volume really low in settings / sound & haptics, but that, of course, reduces the volume of the keypresses.

5. If you can, wear headphones (or an AirPod). With earphones connected, notification sounds get sent to the earphone and not the iPhone. If you had a pair of AirPods, you could wear one at a time for about five hours each - about as long as the battery lasts. (Again, $$$).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151