Keyboard click

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many of you use the audible click for typing on your device. But this just randomly started happening to my 4S. on 6.0 and up.

While composing an email or iMessage. I will here the click at normal volume, then it will randomly snap louder, and return to normal volume again.

I reset device, reboot, and setup as new and it still come back to haunt me... lol

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how many of you use the audible click for typing on your device. But this just randomly started happening to my 4S. on 6.0 and up.

While composing an email or iMessage. I will here the click at normal volume, then it will randomly snap louder, and return to normal volume again.

I reset device, reboot, and setup as new and it still come back to haunt me... lol

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance

I’ve not seen that behavior. I’ve got an iPhone 5... but will keep an eye (ear?) out for it.

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Does it only happen when you get a notification or the swoosh when a text is sent? Used to happen to me when I had the 4S with iOS 5. I have it disabled on my 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that happen and I just stopped using the click feature a couple of days ago after I upgraded to iOS 6.1. I'll enable it again and see if I notice a change.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Does it only happen when you get a notification or the swoosh when a text is sent? Used to happen to me when I had the 4S with iOS 5. I have it disabled on my 5.

Negative, just while typing away. Click, Click, then bam really loud click., then back to low again...

I've never had that happen and I just stopped using the click feature a couple of days ago after I upgraded to iOS 6.1. I'll enable it again and see if I notice a change.

Thanks I appreciate it!!

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me when I had the auto correct on with audible prompts. It would do it when she was going to speak the corrected word but I was typing to fast. So one or two clicks would be louder then a few silent then back to normal.

Paul Paek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a year old thread but..Oh i have found the REASON!!!

So when you send a text, theres as sound that is made to tell you the text is sent right?!

That sound is louder than the clicking sound...

SO!!! when you are typing and it clicks at the same time a message is sent of arriving the speaker volume automatically snaps up resulting in a louder CLICK!

I have found that this louder click also mutes the message sound (or makes it quieter and in the background) so you hear mostly the click!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods