Keeping the iPhone 11 Pro Max

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone about 3 months ago. I love it. Love the screen size and the clarity, like the speed and the battery life is impressive. I will keep this phone for at least a couple of years and see which iPhone I would want to upgrade to after this one

I've had mine for a year and I'm seriously considering keeping it for at learn another year. Excellent iPhone.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
120hz is useless without apps to take advantage of it.

Films and games are all 60hz, with the exception of one or two games. Having said that the note still struggles with 60hz in games due to the inferior processor(dropped frames and lag), it can’t sustain games in 120hz without any optimization even if the game offers 120hz.

So once more no idea why it’s even a talking a point in 2020.

It’s a preference. I can’t stand the hole punch display because it looks like a bunch of dead pixels on the screen. The cutout for the notch is exactly that, a cut out, it does not look like dead pixels on the the center top part of the display.

The current notes display is also overly saturated making blues look green. With that and the curved display it can’t compete with iPhone, even last years iPhone 11 Pro Max, let alone this years iPhone 12.

To be frank the notes have already been discounted and second hand values here in the UK have already plunged by about 50% 2-3 weeks after launch. Looks like another flop for Samsung this year no matter what some fanboys claim. The same fans that claimed the iPhone X was too expensive at 999.

5cdb501d31c50546875fae8a7cf64e1f.jpg

The hole punch vs notch will probably always be debated, until both go away and everything is under screen lol. I like the hole punch for when watching videos in full screen mode the hole punch kinda disappears where as the notch doesn't. And I agree that the Samsung screen is WAY over Saturated and can not compete with Apple. That's one of the reasons I did switch back, the Note I had was over saturated and blue looks greenish, just not a good screen. I do enjoy knowing that Apple is soley in control of their software and updates come quickly from them.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
That’s incorrect. Not really surprising though I believe you were an android user.

149de30b230293479e0472528e01758e.jpg

4a1fce4c3b33fc89f1d41bdff838b11c.jpg

Once again, 120 hz displays on phones are practically worthless until more apps are optimized to take advantage of the refresh rates.

I think if apple went to 120hz on the iPhone then it would be successful, bc they control a lot of the apps and software details. Android has to go from google to the phone maker for their skin, then to carrier for bloatware; then developers don't quite have the desire to fix/optimize their apps for all phones. Apple already has the 120hz on the iPad pro so developers are getting use to making/optimizing their apps for it, transition to the iPhone should be "easy". And don't rag on the guy to hard for being an Android guy, I think we all like technology and want to try different things lol.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think if apple went to 120hz on the iPhone then it would be successful, bc they control a lot of the apps and software details. Android has to go from google to the phone maker for their skin, then to carrier for bloatware; then developers don't quite have the desire to fix/optimize their apps for all phones. Apple already has the 120hz on the iPad pro so developers are getting use to making/optimizing their apps for it, transition to the iPhone should be "easy".

You might be right, only time will tell.

And don't rag on the guy to hard for being an Android guy, I think we all like technology and want to try different things lol.

Wouldn’t call it “ragging”, simply put his post was inaccurate.

It’s just an observation; android users tend to focus on specs and very little else, even if those specs are practically worthless, as is the case currently with 120hz on a smartphone.

We all love technology, but that is no excuse to push misinformation as fact. That tends to happen quite a bit from android users that have no idea what they are talking about.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
You might be right, only time will tell.

Wouldn’t call it “ragging”, simply put his post was inaccurate.

It’s just an observation; android users tend to focus on specs and very little else, even if those specs are practically worthless, as is the case currently with 120hz on a smartphone.

We all love technology, but that is no excuse to push misinformation as fact. That tends to happen quite a bit from android users that have no idea what they are talking about.

Yes, android users do tend to push specs over everything else. I still lurk in the Note 20 forum and it's all about specs, even if the software doesn't flow well together.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site

Wow, nice way to make someone new feel welcome around here! Hope you enjoy bloating your ego. I will go elsewhere. I made a mistake but I never tried to diminish anyone else.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, nice way to make someone new feel welcome around here! Hope you enjoy bloating your ego. I will go elsewhere. I made a mistake but I never tried to diminish anyone else.

Diminish, for correcting misinformation?

Refresh rates are a screen specification and requires nothing from an app. Whether the screen redraws itself 60 times a second or 120 times a second is a screen spec. Apps have nothing to do with it.

Everyone makes mistakes, but yours has nothing to do with my ego.

Cheers.

Edit: I believe you are actually referring to the super ego and not the ego. You seem to relish in referencing concepts that you clearly have not grasped.

Last edited:

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Me too, to be honest. I’m a sucker for a new iPhone. And if the rumours are true on the form factor, it’s going to be hard for me not to succumb.

Same with the new 6.7 inch screen, form factor, and 5G. But again, I don't really need those things, I am perfectly happy with my iPhone 11 PRO Max for another year ( or even more).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgrade every year. No keeping for me lol. Looks like October 13 is the day they will announce the new iPhones

I heard the rumor that only the lower tier iPhones are going to be announced and it might be November until the top of the line iPhones are released. Rumors of course...only Apple knows. LOL

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Well I'm doing it! I wont be upgrading this cycle. The new iPhones do nothing for me. There isnt 5G in my area and there just isnt enough for me to upgrade maybe we will get rid of the notch and have a better refresh rate for the iPhone 13 countdown starts now hahaha

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had my 11pro Max longer than I thought. I gave no intention to upgrade. I preordered the new air iPad and waiting patiently fir it to ship
My phone works perfectly
5 G isn’t in Arizona yet and just no reason to upgrade now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Me too, to be honest. I’m a sucker for a new iPhone. And if the rumours are true on the form factor, it’s going to be hard for me not to succumb.

The form factor on the 12 is my favorite style which is similar to the 5/5s iPhones with the squared edges. I really like that design and the powers that be (my mind), are saying go ahead and get it...LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The form factor on the 12 is my favorite style which is similar to the 5/5s iPhones with the squared edges. I really like that design and the powers that be (my mind), are saying go ahead and get it...LOL

Go for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2