Keep iphone 5s or get a note 3?

gjaramillo39

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay peeps have been trying to decide what to do. Should I get a galaxy note 3 instead of using my iphone 5s?
What makes me think of switching is being able to customize my phone. The only way to customize an iphone is jailbreak and it's still not the same.
Givens your thoughts.
Thanks
Gilbert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
We'll that's my wife's response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the best response. There's been so many of these 'hey peeps please help me decide if I should keep phone x or go to phone z' threads. The response is always the same. Choose what ever device makes you happy.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As a current owner of an iPhone 5, an HTC One, a Samsung Galaxy S2 (now given to my GF) and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, here are my observations. I got the Note 3 for the large screen as my work device as I needed a larger screen as I read a lot of text. The iPhone is my personal device. I use whatever device fits my needs and I am happily neither an iSheep nor a Fandroid.

Remember, this is my opinion only and 'your mileage may vary' as they say.

The iPhone fits in a pocket better than the huge Note does, that's pretty obvious. The Note weighs more, but not noticeably more on an actual day-to-day basis unless you hold it for more than a minute or so, in which case the weight becomes more noticeable. The Note 3 has way more customisation options than the iPhone and the screen is pretty darn impressive too. There's no getting away from the fact that it was faster than my iPhone 5 (not 5S). The big difference of Android over iOS are the customisation options available. But if you consider that there are many different Android phones on the market, the OS has to cope with them all, from large screen to small screens and would for that reason be more susceptible to falling over.

However, because of all those customisation options, the Note 3 is way, way, WAY more prone to falling over. In the three months I have had it, I have had to factory reset it at least once a month due to errors creeping in to the OS. The iPhone 'just works' and has not fallen over, glitched or caused any problems at all in that time (notwithstanding I dropped it in the sink on Friday, but there you go).

If I had the choice all over again of choosing which device to go for, personally I would pass over the Note 3 immediately and make a beeline straight for the iPhone. Sure you lose some screen real estate and customisation options but the device and the OS are both way more robust and reliable than either the Samsung Note 3 or the Android OS, purely in my experience you understand.

I have had all the iphones, bar the 4S, since the beginning and the Note 3 is my fifth Android phone, so i'm not new to either.

I would urge you to look at both and really think if you could live to having a requirement for enormous pockets to put the heavy Note 3 in. Also, don't forget the next iPhone 6 is rumoured to have a larger screen too, so it may pay for you to keep a close eye on that device and hold off for the time being.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think I could sincerely choose between my 5s and Note 3. I use them both for totally different reasons. I am fortunate enough to have the privilege of owning both.

I think you'll need to just explore what you consider pros and cons of each. Weigh them out and then stop for a second. Listen to that little inner voice and follow it. You'll be happiest listening to your own intuition and using your own judgements. 😌

○?●?Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.?●?○

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think I could sincerely choose between my 5s and Note 3. I use them both for totally different reasons. I am fortunate enough to have the privilege of owning both.

I think you'll need to just explore what you consider pros and cons of each. Weigh them out and then stop for a second. Listen to that little inner voice and follow it. You'll be happiest listening to your own intuition and using your own judgements. 😌

○?●?Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.?●?○

I'm really wondering if I should sell one of my 5s' and get something Android.

via the phone

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm really wondering if I should sell one of my 5s' and get something Android.

via the phone

It breaks up the monotony. It gives you the freedom to try different things. It's why I've got two iPhones and an Android. One iPhone is jailbroken, one stock, then I've got my beast of an Android to play with.

I think it's always fun to have new things to tinker with. =]

Edit: putting a new ROM on the Note 3 as we speak. Weeee....

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It breaks up the monotony. It gives you the freedom to try different things. It's why I've got two iPhones and an Android. One iPhone is jailbroken, one stock, then I've got my beast of an Android to play with.

I think it's always fun to have new things to tinker with. =]

Edit: putting a new ROM on the Note 3 as we speak. Weeee....

Awesome. Do you think you'll you lose S-Pen functionality or that it'll be enhanced?

via the phone

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Do you think you'll you lose S-Pen functionality or that it'll be enhanced?

via the phone

Definitely enhanced. I generally gravitate towards TW based ROMs. They take stock and then tweak it to perfection. I have always experienced a lot of bugs and instability using CM/AOSP based firmware. Samsung integrates touch wiz well and it's just a little bloat and de-odexing needed to make it perfect.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitely enhanced. I generally gravitate towards TW based ROMs. They take stock and then tweak it to perfection. I have always experienced a lot of bugs and instability using CM/AOSP based firmware. Samsung integrates touch wiz well and it's just a little bloat and de-odexing needed to make it perfect.

Very nice.

via the phone

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Oh the good ole days of crack flashing ROMs.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 and love it. I haven't had any problems with it thus far and there are features on it that make it more useful. An example of this would be the s pen, multi window, and voice commands (like saying cheese so the camera captures). But the most important thing I like is the battery life. I can get through a full day without a charge and that's with constant texting browsing and streaming music through Bluetooth I'm the car. I tend to switch devices a lot and the note 2 was the longest device I owned and now the note 3 is an improvement. With that being said, I would get an iPhone 6 if it's good enough. But the point is, it's always great to test the waters of the other side and decide what you feel is best. For now the note 3 is best for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I think you'll need to just explore what you consider pros and cons of each. Weigh them out and then stop for a second. Listen to that little inner voice and follow it. You'll be happiest listening to your own intuition and using your own judgements.

○?●•Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.•●?○

EXACTLY This^^^. I also have both devices, and it would be very difficult to choose between which one to keep. Both of my devices I use for totally different reasons and both run smooth and fast on the Verizon network, I've never had any problems from either device. I suppose your decision should be based on how YOU use a smartphone.

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 3 and 3 iphone 5s. I only have three phone lines so the note 3 just stays at home collecting dust. I used to like android very much but i went back to ios because and it may sound cliche, it just works.

Sent from my iPad air using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to consider when picking between android and apples is ease of repair?
iPhone is a demon beast when it comes to repairs and androids can be repaired with a simple precision screwdriver and some online tutorials.
However with that easy repair comes and incredibly steep drop in value almost immediately after purchase.
iPhone 4 can still sell on eBay around 100 bucks and an android of that generation simply has no resale value at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR