Just thinking, eBay problems with iPhone 3G

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I recently had a thought. Since no ones knows about who's qualified for what iPhone 3G prices. If people were to sell iPhone 3Gs' on eBay wouldn't there be problems because if you won an iPhone 3G through eBay and took it to AT&T would they tack on extra fees?

I wonder...:confused:

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
Why would they?

Hi everyone,
I recently had a thought. Since no ones knows about who's qualified for what iPhone 3G prices. If people were to sell iPhone 3Gs' on eBay wouldn't there be problems because if you won an iPhone 3G through eBay and took it to AT&T would they tack on extra fees?

I wonder...:confused:

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
there micht be a problem, considering that in-store activation is supposed to be a must, and if it isn't activated in 30 days then theres supposed to be a consequence.
but somehow that doesn't add up... if you MUST activate in store then how could someone not activate it?

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
You supposedly can cancel the contract after 30 days, leaving you with a "non-activated" phone. Someone could have sold you one of those...

You have to remember: everyone working for ATT isn't an ATT/Apple-zealot, or all that intelligent(I have a cousin working for ATT, she's great proof).

And why would anyone buy a 3G online -- THEN go to ATT, facing the possible confusion -- when they could have gone to ATT to begin with? It's not like 3G's are going to be cheaper on eBay.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
true, true.
and the risk factor is got to be included, also.
you don't always get what you actually order when buying via ebay

jackey

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I don't understand y Apple came out with the iPhone 3G, it's simply isn't finished yet, they have more then a few problems, i bought one, it looks drop-dead-gorgeous, but i had a few problems with it, solved them using this site (you can also see how many problems it has) -
IPhone 3G reception problem - FixYa

What do you think of all of these trouble with the 3G?

Jackey.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi guys,

I don't understand y Apple came out with the iPhone 3G, it's simply isn't finished yet, they have more then a few problems, i bought one, it looks drop-dead-gorgeous, but i had a few problems with it, solved them using this site (you can also see how many problems it has) -
IPhone 3G reception problem - FixYa

What do you think of all of these trouble with the 3G?

Jackey.

The 3g "issue" has nothing to do with the phone itself rather At&t's service coverage for 3g. Here in the Chicago area I have no issues what so ever with 3g coverage.

spruiked

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
You supposedly can cancel the contract after 30 days, leaving you with a "non-activated" phone.

Hi there, I am trying to read through all these posts to find an answer to my question, and this is the closest I have got. I bought an 'unlocked' iPhone on eBay and had it sent out here. It has the AT&T sim in it. I cannot get it to work with my own carrier and I am not sure why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, I am trying to read through all these posts to find an answer to my question, and this is the closest I have got. I bought an 'unlocked' iPhone on eBay and had it sent out here. It has the AT&T sim in it. I cannot get it to work with my own carrier and I am not sure why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You need to put YOUR carrier's SIM in it. Otherwise it can't communicate with the network.

ericrwalker

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
not to mention half the world uses 3G UMTS...so if you travel to Asia or Europe your phone is useless there if you don't have 3G.

I am thankful they released the 3G version.

Meh_whatever

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The 3g "issue" has nothing to do with the phone itself rather At&t's service coverage for 3g. Here in the Chicago area I have no issues what so ever with 3g coverage.

Same here. I live in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina and we have EXCELLENT 3G coverage. Soo... no issues here, whatsoever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR