Just Saying.

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well so far we got "SCUFF GATE" and a "RATTLE" and the screen is less sensitive. I really like the iOS and Apple but I'm feeling they still have some bugs to work out. I'm kind of on the fence maybe returning the iPhone5 and getting something else. Then I'm worried because I purchased AppleCare+.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an issue. Screen is nice and responsive for me. No scuffs on the phone. I haven't done anything get one but the band has rubbed against a couple things. As for the rattling, every iPhone has had that slight rattle to it. At one point I knew what it was but I can't remember to the life of me now what it is.

The scuff gate thing is a rumor. Other then the shipping errors with the phones be scuffed, I haven't heard a single complaint about it yet. Can't believe everything you hear on the Internet.

If you don't like the phone return it and get something else.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well so far we got "SCUFF GATE" and a "RATTLE" and the screen is less sensitive. I really like the iOS and Apple but I'm feeling they still have some bugs to work out. I'm kind of on the fence maybe returning the iPhone5 and getting something else. Then I'm worried because I purchased AppleCare+.

Was YOUR iPhone 5 scuffed when you received it? Does it rattle excessively? Is YOUR device's screen less sensitive? If you answered yes to the above, I recommend you take it to a nearby Apple store and have it replaced. If, on the other hand, you're realizing that you don't really want/like the iPhone 5 then return it or sell it. :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for the perfect phone that has zero issues then good luck on the never-ending quest my friend. And if you're on the fence thinking the grass is greener on the other side, head on over to the android forums and punch up the galaxy S3, their beloved flagship phone. You'll find about 47 pages worth of issues you can thumb through.

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No issues with mine. No scuffs, markings, and its completely naked. Absolutely the best phone. Still can't get over how lite it is.

Last edited:

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
no problems with scuffs on mine, always in my pocket but not with keys or change or anything. I have the rattle too but that is the power button on top.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm not seeing this insensitivity in the screen that many people seem to be talking of. I type perfectly fine on the device. I think it's just people are not used to the new form factor when typing yet.

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Agree on the screen issue. Plus with accessories in my car, gym, etc being incompatible I think I am going to return mine for a 4s.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I found it a tad more difficult to type only because I don't have a case on it and I am not use to it being so slender :) as for the rattle mine rattles a little bit but seriously every iPhone I have ever owned (I have had all of them) had a slight rattle that can only be heard when I put my ear up to it when I shake, however when would I do this in normal use. I am pleased with my $699 after tax purchase :)

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Scuffing is not a rumor, I baby my electronics like my car, after buying my iphone 5 slate I put my phone in a case and took the case off to put a new screen protector on, low and behold the case had somehow removed some of the mirror finish now I have light scratches from the case and silver showing through. And the case is a soft silicone case that was on no less then 10 minutes before being taken off.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Scuffing is not a rumor, I baby my electronics like my car, after buying my iphone 5 slate I put my phone in a case and took the case off to put a new screen protector on, low and behold the case had somehow removed some of the mirror finish now I have light scratches from the case and silver showing through. And the case is a soft silicone case that was on no less then 10 minutes before being taken off.

It did something rough to it then. I tried scratching the band with my finger nail fairly hard and nothing happened.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad