Just noticed a dead pixel in the middle of the screen...

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
when I first bought the iphone 4, i have 5 dead pixels lol... but i took mine to apple... i also bought it from apple.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup I have the same thing. I called and they told me to setup a genius bar appointment which I did. I'm going this evening to get it replaced.

lindsey202004

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My iphone has a speck of dirt or lint or something under the screen. I don't think it would be a pixel out on mine because I can see it when the screen is black. It is very small and I can't hardly see it, but I do know it's there. I don't know if I should take it back to exchange it and risk getting a phone with bigger issues or not.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Isn't Apple's policy like 5 dead pixels to replace?
Same goes for At&t. I had to talk with a manager for hours to get him to exchange my HTC HD7s, even though the dead pixel was font and center.

Oh well, good luck to you.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Apple will replace with a single bad pixel, at least in my experience.

Apple replaced my 4S a couple of weeks ago for a lighter spot on the screen. Not bad pixels, but a small splotch where the backlight seemed to shine a wee bit brighter than the rest of the screen, right in the middle.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
A defect is a defect no matter the size.

Not in Apple's eyes.
It appears iPhones up to a 3.5inch size are able to be replaced for a single dead pixel according to this leaked document.
Unsure about the iPhone 5, I assume the same though.

But a iMac could have up to 8 or more and not get fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro