Just moved over to the dark-side!

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,
Android user for 10+ years and for the first time ever, I've not seen an Android device that ticks the boxes for me so ao after a shed-load of research, I finally bought my first ever Apple device - iPhone 11 Pro 64gb.
So far, so good, although at first I thought 'what the hell have I done!' but it's all a big learning curve!

I really enjoy smartphone photography and I bought my last Android Phone (Huawei P20 Pro) for the camera and I just adore it. I wanted the P40 Pro but I'm sure you all know the story behind that one! The only other consideration was the Pixel 4XL but apart from the camera, it seemed flawed in too many ways.

I went for the iPhone with 64gb as I have 200gb Google Drive storage and have used google photos for years and years. I deleted iCloud back-up for my photos as I have them in Google Photos and can't see the point of paying for 2 cloud back-ups (unless I run out of space for normal device back ups)

One of the main reasons to jump-ship to here was the continuity of software/security updates and the huge choice of accessories and support that Apple provides. CarPlay appears to be much better than Android Auto as well from the short time that I have used it.

Oh, and one last thing - if anyone high-up at Apple is reading this - can we please have the functionality to change settings for the default apps in IOS :):)

Hope to speak to some of you soon!

Damo

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi and welcome, I was a long time Android user as well, at the time I switched. Though at this point I've been with Apple just as long or slightly longer now (kinda hard to wrap my head around that lol) I think you'll love the camera on the 11 Pro. We upgraded from X's to 11 Pros right before a 3 week trip to Ireland last September and while I brought my DSLR and a couple of lenses, I purposely used the phone in all situations where it wasn't super convenient or there wasn't a specific advantage to using the DSLR and I was pleasantly surprised at just how well the phone did. I was actually able to print some 13x19 size landscape stuff and have it look quite good with minimal editing. I wouldn't have tried that just a couple generations before. Even the X would have been iffy I think at that size. Also the low light performance was great. I hate to admit it but my old Canon XSi body just can't keep up with my 11 Pro in low light.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,
Android user for 10+ years and for the first time ever, I've not seen an Android device that ticks the boxes for me so ao after a shed-load of research, I finally bought my first ever Apple device - iPhone 11 Pro 64gb.
So far, so good, although at first I thought 'what the hell have I done!' but it's all a big learning curve!

I really enjoy smartphone photography and I bought my last Android Phone (Huawei P20 Pro) for the camera and I just adore it. I wanted the P40 Pro but I'm sure you all know the story behind that one! The only other consideration was the Pixel 4XL but apart from the camera, it seemed flawed in too many ways.

I went for the iPhone with 64gb as I have 200gb Google Drive storage and have used google photos for years and years. I deleted iCloud back-up for my photos as I have them in Google Photos and can't see the point of paying for 2 cloud back-ups (unless I run out of space for normal device back ups)

One of the main reasons to jump-ship to here was the continuity of software/security updates and the huge choice of accessories and support that Apple provides. CarPlay appears to be much better than Android Auto as well from the short time that I have used it.

Oh, and one last thing - if anyone high-up at Apple is reading this - can we please have the functionality to change settings for the default apps in IOS :):)

Hope to speak to some of you soon!

Damo

Hello there and welcome to iMore.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side and iMore. Funny, on Android Central people introduce themselves coming over to Android the same way. LOL