Just got my new iPad

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got home with it. 64gb space gray. WiFi only

Finished setting it up. Started to play with it and my oldest son asks to check it out. He’s a senior in a technical schools computer program.

Been 2 hours now and he’s watching a movie on it. Looking forward to my turn with my new toy. Lol

I have a 1st gen 12.9. Worked fine didn’t really need to upgrade but I started playing with the new one. Couldn’t walk away.

Told him to be careful as the new case is arriving tomorrow. Gotta love Amazon next day delivery.

I purchased AppleCare. Thing is too much $$ not to have it. One drop and you could be out of luck. Now it’s just a $50 bill and you get a new one.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the old one. Probably will offer it for sale. I have the Apple keyboard and pencil. Plus a bunch of cases.

Decisions

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I’m waiting for mine to be delivered Monday or Tuesday!!! I ordered the exact same one but the WiFi/Cellular version. I was due for an upgrade of my 10.5 iPad Pro. The 11in. didn’t seem like as much of an upgrade. I just ordered the Apple keyboard from amazon with will be delivered tomorrow. I don’t think I’m going to bother getting the pencil for now. I’m a very light basic user so I know it will replace my laptop for all my needs.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I know right. I was planning on the 11” and when I saw how small it was. Decided to step up the the 12.9. Amazing the difference in size. 2” doesn’t seem like much but it is.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Quick question.

I occasionally want to use a keyboard with the iPad. I don’t want a keyboard case and the prices are kinda high for my limited use.

If I purchased the usb-c to usb-a dongle, could I use my bt keyboard that I use with my pc.

crpmp007

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on the new iPad sir. I love mine. Use it for everything, playing games, work, movies.... you name it. If you have a Bluetooth keyboard you don’t need any thing additional for it to work.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a sweet upgrade! I'm still rocking and loving my 10.5. HOWEVER I just bought one of the new 2019 MBPs.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got a new 12.9" around a week or so ago. I'm so glad. I had a Gen 2 and I like this one so much more. I'm looking forward to seeing what iPadOS 13 will do on it. I got the Pencil though and I'm certainly glad I did.

Enjoy your new iPad.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Quick question.

I occasionally want to use a keyboard with the iPad. I don’t want a keyboard case and the prices are kinda high for my limited use.

If I purchased the usb-c to usb-a dongle, could I use my bt keyboard that I use with my pc.

If it’s a BT keyboard, no dongle required. I use an Apple kb with mine (new12.9”) and it works flawlessly. I got a case for the kb on Amazon. Works great when traveling.

There’s no way I was going to spend $150 on a kB case that won’t work with the next gen.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Local pawn shop had one for $15. Works perfect with my iPad. Only problem is it still connects with the old owner name (Marisa’s keyboard). Can’t rename with the iPad. Need to find a Mac to rename it.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I took back my Apple keyboard and got a Vanky keyboard. It feels like I’m in a laptop. It even has a backlit keyboard and compartment for the Apple Pencil which I decided that I’m going to get one today!! I’ve found some uses for it besides being sick of wiping fingerprints off of the screen! lol!
582b857d9c9126fd41eabb8148f233f5.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I took back my Apple keyboard and got a Vanky keyboard. It feels like I’m in a laptop. It even has a backlit keyboard and compartment for the Apple Pencil which I decided that I’m going to get one today!! I’ve found some uses for it besides being sick of wiping fingerprints off of the screen! lol! [clip]

That really DOES look like a laptop! Do you have the new iPadOS?