anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Something new with ios 15.2? My junk mail for icloud comes in, but i can't open it because it says that it can't connect to the server. No problems with my other email account. Anyone have a clue to what's going on?:confused:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It does work normally here. Do you have this setting enabled in Settings, Your Name, iCloud.

273a608c8da2eeb4e276338450f06622.jpg

If so, try disabling it.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're talking about the private relay (beta), it was in the off position, so i just switched it on. We'll see if it works when some junk mail comes in.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Problem with Junk Mail hasn't been resolved, and the Airmail app, imho, isn't as good as the stock email app. Spark doesn't let you use your own email sounds, so that one is out, too. Maybe i need a stronger wifi signal to a stronger router? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :raised-eyebrow:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Problem with Junk Mail hasn't been resolved, and the Airmail app, imho, isn't as good as the stock email app. Spark doesn't let you use your own email sounds, so that one is out, too. Maybe i need a stronger wifi signal to a stronger router? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :raised-eyebrow:

Does all your iCloud mail do that way? Is Mail toggled on in Settings? Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and toggle on iCloud Mail. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically. Tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, then toggle on Push, scroll down and set Fetch as you like.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
All settings are as you described. This only happens with icloud, when some email comes in as "junk" mail. Never happens with my other email account. My son, who turned me on to iphones, had this problem when he first went to iphones. He installed a new router by Netgear which was much more powerful(and expensive), and the problem disappeared. His set-up is a lot more money than mine, but he can afford it, i can't.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All settings are as you described. This only happens with icloud, when some email comes in as "junk" mail. Never happens with my other email account. My son, who turned me on to iphones, had this problem when he first went to iphones. He installed a new router by Netgear which was much more powerful(and expensive), and the problem disappeared. His set-up is a lot more money than mine, but he can afford it, i can't.

That tells me there could possibly be a junk filter at the router level. Can you login to your current router (typically 192.168.0.1) and peruse the settings therein?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't get into the settings page. I type in router number, then hit enter...and nowhere to sign-in or enter anything.

When you say you typed in the router number, I’m confirming you meant the IP address for it. Right? If so, is there an available app that controls the router’s configuration and settings you can use?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Is it only "junk mail" in iCloud Mail, or do all emails in iCloud Mail do the same?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as i know, only when i’m on wifi.
Do you happen to have any form of ad-blocking on your network, either from your ISP, router or some device like a Pi-Hole?

A quick check we can do is to change your iPhone's DNS settings. You can follow the steps in this article: https://www.imore.com/how-update-your-dns-settings-iphone#taboola-mid-article-thumbnails
To revert, you go back to the DNS settings and select Automatic.

DNS?
DNS is what translates a server/site name to something your computer will understand, like an IP address. It's basically Internet's distributed address book.
For instance, when I go to forums.imore.com, my computer doesn't know how to get to the site, it will ask the DNS server for the record for the site. The server will reply 2606:4700::6812:f29 and 2606:4700::6812:e29 (these are correct for iMore Forums; other sites have other addresses). Then, my computer will try to talk to either address :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No ad-blocking that i know of. I really appreciate the help that you guys are giving me, but it’s getting way above my pay grade. It’s only “junk mail” after all, so i’m going to let it go. Thanks again for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner