Judge rules Apple “unfairly” fired employee who took secretive photos of a female colleague

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is ‘my’ opinion: in regard to the photos, if Apple indeed fired them for sexual harassment or causing a toxic work environment, etcetera then I agree with the judge’s ruling. Nothing about it, based on what I read in the article, was harassment, sexual, violent, demeaning or evil. Again, this is ‘my’ opinion.

Both women and men have discreet and sometimes not so discreet discussions about colleagues they find attractive.

Now if Apple had a policy in place that specifically prohibits the photographing of colleagues without their consent on Apple Property then I wouldn’t have a problem with the firing as long as it was for that violation.

In regard to the situation in which the employee made the statement about releasing another deadly virus, that person, in my opinion, should have been fired. Again, that’s ‘my’ opinion. Yours may differ.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This was a UK judge. Wondering if this ruling would have been different in the US. This judge appears to be wishy washy. Rules "unfair" then says, "The conduct was something which should not have happened… and thus it is blameworthy”.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This was a UK judge. Wondering if this ruling would have been different in the US.
The answer is most likely yes.

And it would have been different in Canada, and all of its 10 provinces and 3 territories, even between all 14 of them.

That’s because the Labour Codes simply are different, and provides the baseline for employee/employer relationships.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151