Join the Official iMore.com BBM Group!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just read a bbm group can only have 30 members.

#bummer

Not quite.
A group can have no more than 35 members actively participating in a chat.
Any excess above that waits for a spot to open up.
I'm in now, will leave later so others can participate.
Though I'm not sure how I go about leaving yet.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not quite.

You can go look at the group profile to see who is the admin. Just let them know and they'll remove you from the group.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not quite.

To leave a group, tap and hold the group's icon. A menu should appear on the right side of the screen. Tap on the icon at the bottom depicting a door with an exit arrow.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If the app had things that bbm actually has that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong when I had a blackberry I loved bbm and it was the one thing I missed most when I switched. I do think it's cool but to me it's just another IM app for people on cross platforms.
If they add screen share then I def would be using it.

I do hope they bring the iOS and Android versions to feature parity soon, and that it doesn't become of their usual "coming soon" announcements.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an annoying issue. I keep getting phantom notifications. I'm fairly sure that they are from the imore bbm group which I dropped out of yesterday.

Same here.
I woke up with multiple notifications from that group chat on my lock screen, but when I open BBM I'm not part of the group, and I have no missed msgs or notifications.
Also, when I open notification centre they are not there under All, Today or Missed.
Strange.

mac2013

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Same here.
I woke up with multiple notifications from that group chat on my lock screen, but when I open BBM I'm not part of the group, and I have no missed msgs or notifications.
Also, when I open notification centre they are not there under All, Today or Missed.
Strange.

Just delete bbm and install it again. Reboot phone and should be ok.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
But I don't anyone that uses bbm. I don't see how I could get air of use out of it unless I want to message a bunch strangers in here

vawireless

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I just tried something to see if it resolves the phantom group messages on my iPhone after joining and leaving the group. I switched BBM back to my bb device, joined the group on that device and left it, then switched back to iPhone.

Can someone in the group please send a test message in the group chat to test if I receive the phantom messages?

Thanks

Tryptykon

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I deleted and reinstalled the app and it was having trouble syncing the iMore BBM group so I left the group and every time I try to scan the barcode to rejoin the group it closes and shows that I'm not in the group. Is the group full or something? If anyone that is still in the group can invite me in I would really appreciate it, my Pin/Barcode is my avatar so you can invite back in if you can by scanning my avatar

JKeigh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to join the group, even though I received and accepted an invitation, so I think it's at max members right now.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an annoying issue. I keep getting phantom notifications. I'm fairly sure that they are from the imore bbm group which I dropped out of yesterday.

I get them as well. And I can't invite anyone to the iMore group. I keep getting an error saying I'm in 30 group when I'm only in three

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah I tried to join the group with my iPad under a new ID so I can be in the group in both but its not working.. I am having the same issue as others. I scan the barcode and it takes but shows no groups. Is there a group limit or something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods