Jet Black regulatory logo comes off

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'd do that on purpose. Just looks cleaner. And how did Apple botch this? They're not responsible if you attach something to the phone.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd do that on purpose. Just looks cleaner. And how did Apple botch this? They're not responsible if you attach something to the phone.

It's the clear protector that comes with the phone, they did not "attach" anything to the phone. It's a factory phone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally if I buy on, say, eBay an iPhone 7 and it come without this regulatory logos, I would promptly send it back to seller and ask for a full refund.

Cheers,

Typically pictures are posted of the device. If somebody bought a device without thoroughly looking at them or asking questions, I wouldn't refund you.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Typically pictures are posted of the device. If somebody bought a device without thoroughly looking at them or asking questions, I wouldn't refund you.

Exactly! The case I referred is when pictures are not the same as actual gadget.

Cheers,

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Exactly! The case I referred is when pictures are not the same as actual gadget.

Cheers,

That I get. But typically when people pay good money for phones, they want great pictures. Takes for example on Swappa. Most phones are pictures well. If they aren't, they won't list you list it in the condition of mint or good without good photos. eBay is always kind of shady. But I still wouldn't spend 100's there without quality pics.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
One thing I like about my iphones is the lack of branding on the front. Missing any labeling on the back would be of no real concern to me. Just don't lose your sim tray. ;)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It would undoubtedly affect the resale value. Even the smallest deviation from mint usually means $100-$200 less in resale value. Also, it is bound to cause some raised eyebrows from second hand buyers. The reason why I feel Apple botched the jet black phone is because this type of stuff like the scratching (extremely easy and prominent on the jet black), are way below standards that Apple holds their products to normally. It's a beta test for a product finish that is clearly not going well.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
"The fine print does not completely come off the iPhone, but it does become faded. This type of issue has not affected previous iPhone models, nor does it appear to affect Black, Gold, Rose Gold, or Silver colors."

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well actually if Apple is failing to properly embed the logo and regulatory labels due to the "special 9 step process" then yes they are at fault. For me I keep the original box, I will have the serial # on the phone visible the box serial # visible and from that I have proof the product is legit.

Plus now that this has been announced, someone will clearly start a class action lawsuit on Apple for it for which I say they are simply daft. Its a logo and not a big issue unless Apple refuses support then it it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods