• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

JB Apps

electerr

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
HI

Ive downloaded a bunch of apps from Cydia and Installous while my phone has been jailbroken and now I need to restore my phone to its original settings for a little while. I want to be able to backup my apps so that when I re-jailbreak I can put them straight back on... Can I do this?

Even more important, I want to be able to use my Installous apps when my phone is restored to its original settings, which is possible since they are apple approved apps, right? How do I do this, should I manually back them up before I restore and how do I do that...

All help is greatly appreciated!!!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
There are backup programs available in Cydia for jailbroken apps. I have never tested them, so I can't speak to how well they work.

As far as Installous goes, I don't support the practice cracking of IPAs. My guess is that they will not work though.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
AptBackup creates a "list" of all your Jailbroken apps. You run it and then sync to iTunes. After a restore you run AptBackup again and it installs all of the JB apps. you had previously installed. You have to reconfigure everything again but it puts all the apps. on all in one shot.

This is as close to a backup solution for JB stuff that you're going to find right now.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
AppBackup from Cydia will backup app data from App Store apps. These are things like preferences. Go to the author's website and read the FAQ on where the data is stored so you can save that to your HD for backup after restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman