Jay – Twitter for Apple Watch

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm an independent iOS developer and I would like to show you my first "serious" app: Jay - a Twitter app for Apple Watch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jay-for-tweeting/id1432449486?at=10l3Vy

Jay has the essential Twitter functionality like tweeting, retweeting, liking, and following users. It also supports watch face complications, gifs, videos and even image zooming.
It's not a full-blown Twitter client (no DMs, tweet threads, etc.), but I continue to work on new features and I've put a lot of effort into making it as simple, fast and responsive as possible.

It's totally free – the in-app purchases are just a way to say "thanks" and do not unlock any additional features.

Check it out and tell me what you think: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jay-for-tweeting/id1432449486?at=10l3Vy

Cheers!

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for your app! It has been fun to watch the fast paced development of it since I first discovered it. I wanted to love Chirp, but for whatever reason, I've never been able to make the in-app purchases work on either of his apps, nothing happens. And, he hasn't really done much at all to try and help fix it for me. One of the biggest features I loved about his app was being able to see what's trending on twitter currently for your region. You have any plans on adding this functionality to Jay? :) He of course has it limited to like 5 items and you have to have the Pro version to see all which I'm unable to purchase. Love to check those out on my watch when away from my phone. Thanks so much!

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words!
I've received several request to implement "What's trending", so I think I'll do that. Just not quite sure when.
I'm trying to concentrate less on having as much features as possible, and more on making the current features smooth and usable. Fitting everything to the small screen often presents a challange :D

EDIT: Speaking of new features, version 1.4.1 is now in the AppStore and it has support for searching for users and tweets.

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Here comes twitter trends? Yay! How do I use them? I don’t see them in More or anywhere.. :)
Ha ha, you're fast!
That's right, I've released version 1.5.0 yesterday and now Jay shows Twitter Trends. You'll find them under the "More" menu item.
Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 4 - 44mm - 2019-01-27 at 14.14.49.png

If you still can't find it, make sure you have the latest version.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha, you're fast!
That's right, I've released version 1.5.0 yesterday and now Jay shows Twitter Trends. You'll find them under the "More" menu item.
View attachment 125515

If you still can't find it, make sure you have the latest version.

Thanks, man! For whatever reason, the watch app never updated when my iPhone did. Deleted and reinstalled and now I have Trending. Love having this capability! Thanks so much for adding it!

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone!
I'm back with a big update – you can now save tweets on you Apple Watch and later read them on your iPhone!

Open links in Safari, and tweets, profiles and hashtags – in your favorite app: official Twitter app, Tweetbot or Twitterrific.

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hey! I'm back with a new update

Version 2.10 is live in the App Store and now it's easier to follow the conversation because Jay shows replies to a tweet and the tweet being replied to.

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
And I'm back again with version 2.2.0!
I've improved VoiceOver support both for the Apple Watch and iPhone apps. Also right-to-left scripts like arabic and hebrew are now displayed correctly right-aligned.

And I've fixed a couple of embarrassing bugs:
- a hashtag with certain symbols would crash the iPhone app;
- Tweetbot integration was totally broken;

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jay-for-tweeting/id1432449486?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm back with one more update!

You can now view your own profile and tweets by using Force Touch, selecting "More" and tapping on "Profile".
I've also added a simple video showing how to use Force Touch, because apparently people don't know that such a thing exists on Apple Watch, so feature discoverability was quite poor :(

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi Annie!
Just use Force Touch (Press strong) on the main screen, a context menu should show up. Select "More" and then tap on "Profile".

neriusv

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Some news regarding Jay:

Released a new version with iOS 13 Dark Mode support and more optimizations for WatchOS 6.
It now is a paid app. If you've already downloaded Jay, this does not affect you in anyway. For all future users, buying the app unlocks all of the functionality. I left the in-app-purchases just in case someone wants to leave a tip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR