Jailbroken 3GS - Just as fast?

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I could just be paranoid, but after I jailbroke my 3GS I feel like the phone isn't as fast and doesn't preform as smoothly. I also feel that my signal strength is not as good.

Let me say that I have been home the entire day and I never get that great of service at my house/in my yard- I'll be out all day tomorrow so I'll update ya then.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I was actually thinking about posting about this. Since jailbreaking I have definitely noticed a slow down; most notably when pressing the awake button and when trying to load the spring board after using a app. Wondering what it could be. Thinking about maybe re-jailbreaking it.

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes thats where I notice mine lagging!

I also notice it when swiping through home screens. I have the glaskart theme so maybe themes slow the springboard down?

InvaderekiM

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
i think its the way it was jailbroken because on my 3GS it is perfectly fast and smooth and i jailbroke it.. maybe try re jailbreaking it!!?

also i installed haptic pro vibration and it definitely slowed the load times down dramatically but i uninstalled it and it is back to normal i would say rejailbreak for sure if you notice a big difference or uninstaall any apps that might slow it down like haptic or haptic pro and maybe others too.

MeTHoD-X

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
No issues here at all. The 3GS is perfect for jailbreaking becUse it has loads of extra RAM and proccessor speed to use. I jailbroke via purplera1n RC 1. Everything is running just as smooth.

With that said, be careful what you install. Winterboard and mobile substrate were notorious for slowing down the 3G.

Matt

InvaderekiM

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
i used purplera1n when it first came out so im guessing it was the RC1?
but yah had absolutely no problems until it came to installing haptic pro... uninstalled now and back to the sweet fast 3GS

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
No issues here at all. The 3GS is perfect for jailbreaking becUse it has loads of extra RAM and proccessor speed to use. I jailbroke via purplera1n RC 1. Everything is running just as smooth.
Matt

If you did a JB with purplera1n RC1, then you *really* need to download the latest purplera1n (RC2a) and run it on your phone. You do not need to restore, just plug your iPhone in and run it. This will install additional kernel patches that are essential for some components to run properly.

And about Winterboard... this is probably the worst app in terms of slowing down an iPhone. If you want a fast JB iPhone, then don't install Winterboard.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Winterboard

What is winterboard and what does it do? Is it a needed program for a jailbroken 3GS? Also, I'm thinking for jailbraking my 3GS but what are the benefits and pros/cons? Thanks all.

I love this phone, I'm a old BB Pearl and Storm user, never going back!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
What is winterboard and what does it do? Is it a needed program for a jailbroken 3GS? Also, I'm thinking for jailbraking my 3GS but what are the benefits and pros/cons? Thanks all.

I love this phone, I'm a old BB Pearl and Storm user, never going back!

It is a customization tool. Instead of having to go into the ssh files and what not and replace things it lets you do it right on the phone with simple check boxes

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geas34