I read your thread yesterday, but I didn't had time to response. I hope I can help you.
I also tried to find replacement for the stock apple apps because their functionality and customization options are limited. There are a lot of good apps, but to be honest they need a lot of maintenance and it's more difficult to get your data in and also to have a good backup of data and settings.
I always just recommend apps/tweaks which I use and I really know they work good. So I can just recommend what I use and how I use them.
In this list I always list the stock app and then the app which I use to replace or use it better.
- Notes - Drafts: quickly take notes, have a list of all entries, badge to know about the number of entries, use extremely useful actions to send notes to other apps
- Notes - OneNote: very powerful notes app, create notebooks with a lot of customizations, sections and page settings
- Reminder - Reminder: The stock reminder app with the overview of upcoming tasks is very powerful in combination with the NC widget. The iCloud sync. and backup is very quick, stable and reliable
- Reminder - OmniFocus: it's really the best task planning tool for iOS and Mac. It has really a lot of customizations, but it's overwhelming for most people because it's very complex. But once you're in, you'll love it and won't ever be able to live without it ;p It can also be used for notes and has a very good and reliable sync (server)
- Calendar - Week Cal: it's the best calendar app for iOS. It give you a lot of customization options and really looks awesome! I can highly recommend this app!
- Calendar - Fantastical: it's different from Week Cal and is special, but nothing compared to Week Cal. BUT it has the awesome parsing feature and can interpret written notes to reminders and calendar entries. You can also create quick entry in Drafts and send the note to fantastical which can then create either reminders or events
- Messages - Messages:BiteSMS is really awesome and I used it a lot, but nowadays everyone has a data plan and free messenger, so I don't need the awesome features of biteSMS, that's why I use the stock messages app
- Messages - Whatsapp: As mentioned, Whatsapp is one of these messenger apps. It's not the best messenger app, but it's the most popular (at least in Germany) which has a lot of cool features
- Messages - Messenger (Facebook): it's basically the same as whatsapp and most other messenger apps, but it uses Facebook, so you can use it with almost everyone
- Clock - 30/30: 30/30 is a free app and it's really awesome. It's a clock app, where you can set timers, reminders, a to-do list which reminds you when you should do what etc. I mostly use it as a pomodoro clock, which reminds me every 30 min to take a five minute pause. It has a lot of customization options
- Camera - Camera+: I don't need to explain a lot, it has all features of the stock camera app and a lot more
- Picture - Photogene: Instead of editing pictures in the stock app I use Photogene. It has a lot of feature and more than most apps in the App Store which are up to ten times more expensive
- Picture - Snapseed: Just as Photogene, but easier to use, quick and free
- Recording - HT Recorder: The stock recording app is ok, but this app is just awesome. You have really a lot of customization options like starting to record by opening the app, exporting the records to other apps and clouds, set the output type etc.
I don't know exactly what you mean with that. Until now it's not possible to set widgets on the lockscreen, like you can do on iOS 6 with apps/tweaks like LockInfo, IntelliscreenX or Bulletin. But there a Cydia tweak which is called "Calendar for Lockscreen" which shows your calendar on you lockscreen. It offers a lot of customization options and the developer responds very quickly and put new features in if you have a good one
There's also a upcoming tweak for the NC which is called "OmniFocusWidgetForiOS7" which shows your OmniFocus tasks in this widget in the NC. Later when it's possible to set widgets on the lockscreen, this will also be available there. It's just awesome!
Unfortunately Zephyr is not compatible with iOS 7 and the developer won't update it, so you just had activator to do this. BUT there is new tweak which was released yesterday which is called "MultitaskingGestures" which has all core features of Zephyr, except going to the Switcher, which seems pretty awesome on videos which I saw. I didn't use it myself, so I can't tell you if it's really awesome. Here's a good review:
MultitaskingGestures: Zephyr like gestures on iOS 7! - YouTube
thank you very much for taking your time and suggesting me the apps,well as most are itunes apps,the problem with them is NOT the features,the thing is
what iOS lacks is enhancement,real enhancement,what is the use of reminders when u can't put them on lockscreen and Notifications center both...
REMINDERS: to keep one reminded of something,not just by setting alarms,like whenever i will tap the sleep button the reminder would be popping up at my eye on lockscreen and
notification center both,to keep me reminded that I have to do "that" :| and please i am not a troll,just a new-to-smartphone user,who is quite frustrated with the restrictiveness of the
NOTES: Solid app (FOR me) AND solid itunes alternatives BUT can't get (here i won't say "what is the use of notes if"..because yes notes are of different kinds for different people) an option to place "Snippets" on homescreen and/or lockscreen
EVEN,EVEN the jailbroken sbsnippets blah blah app and notestweak has not the option to set LARGE snippets,or sort of snippets "pinned on the homescreen" so that they can be
read from there easily...
Idk about other apps but these two things are FRUSTERATING for me,the only two things that i need for productivity of a device
and also "copying a part of text from bubble" :| it is not even an option,not in bitesms,realsms+,stock messages app...wtf...I am really advocating that feature on bitesms forums,hope I get a reply...And IMHO these are not "personal choice features",these ARE general features that got to be there man...
And sir btw I have been suffering from some memory management problem (even before jailbreak),I check battery doctor app and the memory is 80-90% (i deliberately opened 9-
10 apps) after when i press free up memory the usage goes down to 70%...And my normal value is always always 60-70% or so..
After the iOS gravity's advice,
i have deleted yahoo and gmail's app and now using the stock mail app (2 push 1 fetch)
Fb messanger on push
Espn cricinfo app on push
whats app,tapatalk on push (3 forums)
facebook app,tango,viber on just badges
BUT the problem still persists,i have bought that smartphone just for its efficiency,but this is not so efficient (NOT SAYing it isn't at all,it is maybe just my device,but i have paid some amount for it and it is unlocked so would be a big blow for me
thats not a lot of apps I GUESS...so what do i do to this all?