Jailbreak data?

ivanmillera

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I want to jailbreak my phone but I want to know if I can get rid of the jailbreak data if I don't want the jailbreak anymore, here are my questions.

--- If I jailbreak my iPhone and backup the iPhone data with iCloud, will it backup the jailbreak data too? What if I backup my iPhone using iTunes? Will it backup the jailbreak data too?

--- If I had a jailbroken device before and did a backup and then restore another iDevice using that backup data, will it restore the jailbreak data too?

I'm just confused about the jailbreak data in the backup thing. :SS

Thank you. :))

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
But nothing that will be apparent from a user point of view. If I restore from a backup made while jailbroken, I will not see any artifacts from the jail break.

Unless prior to the backup you'd made changes to core files. In that case, it's quite possible to see the leftovers of "jailbreak data".

Whether or not this is relative to the OP's original question, I don't know, but if you're restoring a jailbroken backup to a non-jailbroken phone, there are going to be some loose ends...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
But nothing that will be apparent from a user point of view. If I restore from a backup made while jailbroken, I will not see any artifacts from the jail break.

I'm not sure you understand the question asked originally, nor the backups.

He asked if the backup would restore jailbroken data. The answer is yes. It has nothing to do with whether or not the jailbreak will be restored as well. Data will come.

Depending on what you had installed, you can definitely see artifacts remaining from a jailbroken backup. Here's an example: [iPhone] Homescreen Bookmark Won't Delete!! - MacRumors Forums

Either way, the answer to the original post is yes. Both iCould and iTunes will backup the jailbroken data. If you're in a situation where you NEED to remove all of that data and you didn't get around to manually deleting it prior to giving up the jailbreak, you can always restore as new and go from there. You'd lose your text history, but you'd be able to backup your contacts, photos, apps, and music elsewhere so you won't lose any of this. Just make sure to save any texts that may be important for whatever reason.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP this is a hard question to answer.

Whether you backup with iCloud or iTunes some folders in the OS that are created by Jailbreak will remain. As a user when you get rid of the Jailbreak the folders will not be apparent to you nor will the OS use the folders. In other words the only way to ever know they are there is to Jailbreak the phone. So it's not something Apple could use to tell that you had Jailbroken once. If for some reason you just don't want the folders to linger around it's easy when you undo the Jailbreak put the device into DFU mode and restore by downloading the iOS ipsw and do a Option+Restore/Shift+Restore. This will do a fresh installation of the OS and then you set up as new instead of restoring from backup.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen