iWork Apps in iOS 7

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I updated and even restored each my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 as new and still would be charged.

One of the devices has to be registered after sept 1 it's for new devices only a restore don't count as it has been registered before

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

BrandonSkaar

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my iPhone 5S today. In the App Store Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are still 9.99. Note: the applications were not pre-installed as suggested during the Keynote on Sept. 10. Any thoughts?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my iPhone 5S today. In the App Store Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are still 9.99. Note: the applications were not pre-installed as suggested during the Keynote on Sept. 10. Any thoughts?

No clue. I see/saw the same thing with my new 5S. Over the years I have purchased everything that would be included in this deal except Keynote and Numbers... so I’m not overly concerned, but Schiller did say at the product announcement that we’d get them... so we should be able to...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the App Store on a qualifying device, in theory, it should recognize it as such, and if you go to download iWork apps, you don't get charged... probably too simple to really work that way.... :D

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I activated a new sealed iPhone 5 from eBay and during the set up I was asked if I wanted to download a number of apps as was mentioned. The iWork's apps and iMovie and iPhoto was included in those. It appears to be any newly registered device. So a device that has not been registered under an Apple ID in the past?

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's something odd to add to the mix. I know that the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie are only free on newer devices running iOS 7, but this morning I opened up the App Store to discover that all those apps were free to download on my iPhone 5. The only way that they were free for my device that I can think of is the fact that I had recently got my iPhone 5 replaced by apple due to water damage. I did get my replacement iPhone 5 after September 1st if that means anything.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's something odd to add to the mix. I know that the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie are only free on newer devices running iOS 7, but this morning I opened up the App Store to discover that all those apps were free to download on my iPhone 5. The only way that they were free for my device that I can think of is the fact that I had recently got my iPhone 5 replaced by apple due to water damage. I did get my replacement iPhone 5 after September 1st if that means anything.

Your replacement is a new device activated after September first... enjoy the freebie. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the App Store on a qualifying device, in theory, it should recognize it as such, and if you go to download iWork apps, you don't get charged... probably too simple to really work that way.... :D

Ok, that was freaking awesome. Thanks, Keith... funny thing is, that after setting up my iPhone 5S and not getting prompted to download the apps, I did check the App Store on my iPad Mini - still said $9.99... didn’t realize until now that it isn't a "universal" app... there are apparently specific versions for iPhone and iPad.

But I can now get the two missing pieces to the iWork suite for free...

UPDATE:
Interestingly, it also shows $9.99 for my wife's iPhone 5 (on the same iTunes account)... but once I actually do the free "purchase" on my 5S, it does become available to all devices on my iTunes account - even on the iPads... perhaps it is a universal app after all...

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
just got my 5S, went into the app store the price shows but if you click on it to go to the download page it then shows as free..just installed them

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I never got the prompt but in App Store they were free then I went back and they had a price so I logged out and back in and they were free again lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that was freaking awesome. Thanks, Keith... funny thing is, that after setting up my iPhone 5S and not getting prompted to download the apps, I did check the App Store on my iPad Mini - still said $9.99... didn?t realize until now that it isn't a "universal" app... there are apparently specific versions for iPhone and iPad.

But I can now get the two missing pieces to the iWork suite for free...

UPDATE:
Interestingly, it also shows $9.99 for my wife's iPhone 5 (on the same iTunes account)... but once I actually do the free "purchase" on my 5S, it does become available to all devices on my iTunes account - even on the iPads... perhaps it is a universal app after all...

It is a universal app once I download on my 5s I went to my ipad and logged out of iTunes and login back in and they were under purchased .. Free for all devices !!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How 'bout that... good to see it confirmed - and reconfirmed.

Yes and the trick is to just log out and back in to get it to show free and universal apps are the ones with a + on the icon

d.scythe

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

i think you really should contact the apple support and explain your problems...
you should get the apps for free..

danlebo#IM

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
From your phone, go to the App Store.
On the bottom left, touch the "Featured" icon.

From there, there is a horizontal banner between the top "best new apps" and "best new games". Scroll on the horizontal banner to the end and the last choice is titled "Apps made by Apple". Select this and the you will see the apps and they will show that they are for free.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I lucked out. I just unboxed my ipad mini, updated to iOS 7 and was prompted to download all apps including. iWork and iMovie, etc..,

Went back to my 4s running iOS 6 and sure enough, I was able to download all the same apps for free. Good deal!

flutebob

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I bought iPads in August. About a month later, iWork was included free for new buyers. This hardly seems fair. Will Apple give recent buyers free access to iWork? How can I contact apple about this?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's perfectly fair. They created an promotion for devices purchased after Sept 1. Yours were purchased before that. If you want the apps, pay for them.

It's no different than if I were clothing shopping (or car shopping, etc) and bought the clothing and then went back to the store a month later and asked them to refund money for the current sales price. They may choose to but are certainly not obligated to since I didn't make the purchase during the sale.

Plus they announce it on September 10th and made available to new devices purchased from September 1st, 2013. They could of made it from September 10th but chose September 1st instead. So Apple is being fair in a way and I think that date is reasonable enough for me.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73