iWatch reliability…?

Sophia Strongylis

Sep 13, 2022
Visit site
I bought a iWatch 5 in 2019 and in August asked apple to change the battery. They were going to charge me a replacement watch cost of €280…. is iWatch’s disposable…..?
A technician inform me that older watches are redundant due to internal water leak.
Is the iWatch 8 more resistant to use in light swimming or in 3 year to be disposed….!! 😡😠

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a iWatch 5 in 2019 and in August asked apple to change the battery. They were going to charge me a replacement watch cost of €280…. is iWatch’s disposable…..?
A technician inform me that older watches are redundant due to internal water leak.
Is the iWatch 8 more resistant to use in light swimming or in 3 year to be disposed….!! ????????????

Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Apple Watch.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Is the iWatch 8 more resistant to use in light swimming or in 3 year to be disposed….!! ������������

The Apple Watch Series 5 was water resistant - not waterproof. Maybe yours had some internal water damage.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the iWatch 8 more resistant to use in light swimming or in 3 year to be disposed….!!

Your “Apple Watch”, as stated above is water resistant. I, too, have the Series 5 model and am not having issues with it. Then again, I’m not one to swim or bathe with it on even though I did wear it this summer while hanging out at a water park. In regard to the new Apple Watch Series 8, if you opt to get one, it should perform better than your Series 5 model.

Per Apple’s website, “Apple Watch Series 8 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810-2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 8 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time”

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2